Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Lots of questions.

Posted by: user16742 | Tue 13th May 2008 08:30 | Last Reply

1. Why is it that you think you have the game sorted then it goes horribally wrong?
2. Sunday everytshot was going where i wanted it to last night in the comp i was thining, fatting, hooking. (think this was due to me standing up or looking up on my shot, nothing i could do would get me back to the way i was playing on sunday)
3. How do you stop balls on really fast greens (like crook) again on sunday i was chipping 3 little bounces on the green a little run out and ended up near the hole. at crook you do that it runs over the other side and off the edge, the only way i have found is to chip it well short and risk it not getting caught in the rough.

re: Lots of questions.
user52922
Reply : Tue 10th Jun 2008 19:41

Heavily watered greens take away the skill factor IMO.

The problems I see is in the design of these courses in the first place. It is no good having hard and fast greens if there is no run in area on approach, as this then makes hitting the green a lottery.

Courses these days are designed for the corporate sector and are only playable for the professionals and those amongst us who can power the ball a long way.

A 7000 yard course for a professional becomes nearer to 8000 yds for someone of my abilities.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top