Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Manual Handicap Adjustment Disappeared

Posted by: user46853 | Sun 27th Apr 2008 17:52 | Last Reply

Hi Darren,

I have just recalculated my handicap. It is now 0.5 lower than it should be. Looking back through the Old Analysis Reports this seems to be because a 0.5 manual adjustment I made last November has disappeared (I just hit recalculate, which I think was from 1/1/06).

I've gone back and added the missing scorecards (five depressing rounds in Spain) and recalculated my handicap which is now correct but you might want to check that old manual adjustments are stored and used by Recalculate Handicap.

What is also odd is that my handicap is still appeard correct on the Gross (Shts:Pts) tab on round selector.

Thanks,

colin 

Last edit : Sun 27th Apr 2008 18:15
re: Manual Handicap Adjustment Disappeared
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 28th Apr 2008 08:14

Hi Colin. Hope this helps.

It's either a design flaw or feature by design depending on how you look at it.

On the recalculate handiap screen it does state :

Please note that your handicap will be recalculated in chronological order. Any manual adjustments you have made to your handicap will be deleted....

This is basically due to the design of the system which could be changed but I've had no need at present based on how the manual adjustments are made. Generally someone makes a manual adjustment to adjust for season starting handicaps,syncing with club handicaps, adjusting for rounds that may not have been added. Therefore generally no need the recalculate.

The recalculate handicap is date based so only deletes adjustments during this date.

I'll give this some thought and see if a update is required.

Finally the point about points etc is fine. The recalculate does not affect round information which includes stroke allowance, which is based on handicap at the time but not tied to the handicap as stroke allowance can be different ie 7/8 3/4 etc so if these need changing you need to manually edit the rounds.

Hope this all makes sense.

Regards, Darren. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top