Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

which clubs do i take?

Posted by: user16742 | Thu 24th Apr 2008 09:07 | Last Reply

I now have 2 sets of irons my mx17 and mp 57's tonight im playing in a little match to win 3 balls not inportant so im playing with my mp 57 that i only have played 4 holes with before.
I play matchplay tommorrow night and in a big ish torniment on saturday. which should i use for them? My MP 57s that im still getting used to, or my old mx17 that are ok?
and will using them both at different times just throw me all to cock

Last edit : Thu 24th Apr 2008 09:10
re: which clubs do i take?
user24437
Reply : Thu 24th Apr 2008 11:56

Never go back.  There's always an excuse to regress, but all you'll end up doing is messing up both sets.  Bite the bullet and only take the new ones form now on.

user50354
Reply : Thu 24th Apr 2008 12:24

Got to be the new gear Matt..

In readiness for our Society bash next Saturday..

user50354
Reply : Thu 24th Apr 2008 12:39

Now now Matt.....

Tears to the eye's bud...

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 24th Apr 2008 12:58

"what' a 2 iron?"

Impossible to hit unless you have a proper swing.  You should not be allowed to buy one unless you can produce a handicap card that shows you are below 18.  They should be stored under the counter in plain brown paper.  Selling one to a 25+ handicapper is like selling a one legged man a bicycle.  Shops selling to 18+ handicappers should be punished under the same laws that prevent the selling of cigarettes to under 18's. 

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 24th Apr 2008 13:05

It's like giving a hammer to a toddler and telling them to have fun.  There's a slim chance you'll get a new set of shelves on the wall, but it's much more likely that the same wall will be full of 1" hammer shaped holes at or about toddler shoulder height.

user24437
Reply : Fri 25th Apr 2008 08:46

Get yourself a 1 iron ya wuz!  I've got one (but never use it), can hit maybe 1 in 10 properly with it but by god it goes.  Worth it for amusement value

user26537
Reply : Fri 25th Apr 2008 16:32

A wise scholar once said that you should always use a 1 iron in a thunderstorm, the reason being that even God cannot hit a 1 iron !!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top