New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Taylormade R7 Draw Irons 4-SW Graphite Shaft

Posted by: user10367 | Tue 22nd Apr 2008 15:37 | Last Reply

The above for sale 6 mths old.

£100 OVNO.

re: Taylormade R7 Draw Irons 4-SW Graphite Shaft
user52922
Reply : Tue 22nd Apr 2008 17:25

real bargain though   tm's giv nice high ball flight.  

The voice of an expert.

user83900
Reply : Tue 22nd Apr 2008 17:31

Johhhhhhhn, play nicely!  I cannot keep defending you if you keep unleashing these bombs!

user52922
Reply : Tue 22nd Apr 2008 17:58

Jim, I am trying to be, but I seem to be attracting the wrath of posters who spout a load of crap like tm's give nice high ball flight. when in actual fact they are no different to any other club, it is the operator that determines the trajectory which can be aided by different balls, but even balls that claim a high trajectory can be hit low, as balls that claim a lower trajectory can be hit high. But then you knew this, Jim, you are just stirring.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 22nd Apr 2008 19:33

Sorry John, have to disagree.  Combinations of different heads and shafts can affect ball flight.  I borrowed a friends driver with a stiff shaft but exactly the same head and loft as mine.  I got a much lower trajectory with the stiff shaft and this is why the friend (a 4 handicapper) favours a stiff shaft.  I will agree that that a sweeping statement across a brand may be pushing it though. 

I'm currently investigating new irons (it's that shiny new things time of year) and I was asked whether I preferred high, low or mid-flight trajectory and the clubs suggestted to me were based on the preference. 

user52922
Reply : Tue 22nd Apr 2008 20:01

You are allowed to disagree, Chris, but your argument is weak. we all know that different shafts will help or hinder ball flight but no matter what the combination it will still be able to hit high or low.

If you believe all that hype re the irons then you are gullible. a club has a certain degree of loft and that is what determines trajectory when combined with how the shot is played.

If you wish to produce a club for me to try that produces a low flight I will immediately send it high, the reverse I could do as well, just like many other players.

user52922
Reply : Tue 22nd Apr 2008 20:34

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on each of the trajectories you have listed, Chris, ie high, low, mid flight as to what each one does and what distance each achieves as they are bound to be different with these differing launch angles.

user24437
Reply : Tue 22nd Apr 2008 20:47

Have to agree with John on this one.  Two identical clubs with different shafts may, it's true, appear to give different ball flights but this mainly due to how much club head speed is being generated.  If he ball is struck before or after the optimum kick point of the shaft is reached (the point where the highest speed is generated) then the trajectory will be changed because the face will be more open or closed. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top