just after feed back at mo

if there is quite a lot of intrest then will sort out

cheers paul

p.s

still places for the empress open left 

re: re comp in august
user24437
Reply : Thu 17th Apr 2008 08:43

Looks an interesting course Paul.  I'd be up for it (depending on dates, of course), dead easy to get to from here too

user52922
Reply : Thu 17th Apr 2008 17:08

A great course, played it when I could play the game but would love to go back again.

user16163
Reply : Thu 17th Apr 2008 21:34

would love to join you

the 8th would be better for me  

user11501
Reply : Thu 17th Apr 2008 22:40

Paul,

A fantastic course anytime of year. 8th would be better for me also. Anyone who wouldn't want to play ate a course of this stature is crazy.

Oh, and by the way, regional Open Championship qualifying is at Lindrick for the next four year cycle in May/June (Taking over from Notts GC Hollinwell) so course will be in tip top condition.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 18th Apr 2008 09:47

I'd be up for that.  The 8th would suit me better (only have to take a half day off!)

Reply : Fri 18th Apr 2008 11:37

Well spotted Wayne.  As long as there is a bar in the billiards room and enough room for us all then we should be fine.  I can't imagine some of our scruffy apes in a jacket and tie unless they're the accused. 

user52922
Reply : Fri 18th Apr 2008 12:31

One of only a few courses that has a SSS higher than the par.

user52922
Reply : Fri 18th Apr 2008 14:44

It is indeed a tough course, Wayne, they don't usually play the Ryder Cup on courses that are not a good test.

I used the putter for the first time, yesterday, and I only three putted twice and that was probably because I was a long way from the hole on both occasions and also because the greens at the moment are being worked on and are not at their best.

I think I will change the grip though as I feel it is too thick for my liking and will then change the balance to make it feel a little heavier. I am sure that once I have got used to it then I will start to putt better. Thank you once again for your very generous gesture, much appreciated, Wayne.

It was great to meet up with all you guys from the North and it proved to be an excellent weekend in all respects. You are indeed a jovial person, but then all my friends from the North all seem to have that trait, something we do not see very often in the south.

I have a friend who lives in Wigan and owns the transport company called "Warisa" his name is Granville Myers.

Last edit : Fri 18th Apr 2008 14:54
user24437
Reply : Fri 18th Apr 2008 14:45

Is a golf society a visitor?  I'm not a member of a club either so it may need clearing, never found it a problem anywhere else though.

user52922
Reply : Fri 18th Apr 2008 15:00

Tim, Lindrick is a famous old course with traditions that it wishes to maintain, as do all of the older established golf clubs.

Societies usually take advantage of the many new corporate type places owned by commercial companies whose only interest is making a fast buck and therefore not really interested in how you turn up, to what standard you play to, as long as it is money in the till.

This is why places like Belton Woods get away with charging high green fees for an inferior course.

I am quite sure that Lindrick do take societies but they will be ones that are well known to them, like the University golf societies etc, etc.

A letter to them from Golfshake requesting a chance to play their course in August would be the way forward.

user24437
Reply : Fri 18th Apr 2008 15:06

I have got a suit and tie though!

user52922
Reply : Fri 18th Apr 2008 15:09

When you play Lindrick you will realise that the courses you and I have been playing are not in the same class.

You will be surprised how keen you will become to get to the green. knowing that you actually have a chance of holing a putt.

user24437
Reply : Fri 18th Apr 2008 16:27

I'm in then

user24437
Reply : Tue 22nd Apr 2008 18:13

Are you going to set it up as a proper comp Paul?

Reply : Wed 23rd Apr 2008 21:55

I've applied.  Fingers crossed I'll be allowed. 

user11501
Reply : Wed 23rd Apr 2008 22:25

What do we get for the £60. Is there any food after included or is that just for the golf and prizes. ?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top