Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

LH Anti Slice Driver For Sale Brand New

Posted by: user86885 | Fri 11th Apr 2008 15:47 | Last Reply

Guys,

I have a brand new, still boxed LH Anti-slice driver made by Knight Golf (American company) 10.5 deg loft Graphite shaft for sale. The grip is nothing special and you may wanna change it.

I use the RH version and it cuts out my slice fine.

£20 + postage if anybody is interested, otherwise it will be hitting ebay.

Phil

re: LH Anti Slice Driver For Sale Brand New
user86885
Reply : Fri 11th Apr 2008 15:52

Well I have one!!

user86885
Reply : Fri 11th Apr 2008 15:53

Well I have one!!

user52922
Reply : Fri 11th Apr 2008 16:52

I'll have some of that as well, J P.

user86885
Reply : Fri 11th Apr 2008 18:21

It is offset, so as to compensate for a poor golfers swing...hence why I got one!!!

user52922
Reply : Fri 11th Apr 2008 18:28

You would be better off working on grooving a swing that is correct, rather than look for equipment to repair a bad swing. Two wrongs don't make a right.

user86885
Reply : Fri 11th Apr 2008 19:31

Driver is the only club I slice, am ok with everything else, so fundamentally my swing is okish

user52922
Reply : Fri 11th Apr 2008 19:33

So you have two different swings. One good and one bad, try not using the bad one.

user92198
Reply : Wed 23rd Apr 2008 13:48

but you dont hit a driver and irons in the same way, they are essentially different swings, I use a cobra offset and it sorted my driving out, irons I always hit straight

user52922
Reply : Wed 23rd Apr 2008 16:31

Not strictly true, Tim, all that is different is the position of the ball in the setup. Your driving has been sorted with this offset, so you say, and you hit all your irons straight.

Perhaps you could explain to me what your faults are, as scoring the way you are you must have some.

Last edit : Wed 23rd Apr 2008 16:33
user52922
Reply : Wed 23rd Apr 2008 17:26

I am a high handicapper, Jonathan, and yes my driving is weak yet I hit fairly good irons. It is not confidence I lack, as I am full of that, it is getting my body to do the thing that my brain is telling it. I struggle to follow through, which is essential for good driving, but not so important when striking an iron, unless of course a high flight is needed.

How does one get the right club? very difficult as all the shafts are different, even between manufacturer. I refuse to blame my poor driving on the club, my technique must be flawed.

user86885
Reply : Wed 23rd Apr 2008 19:24

Does anybody want to buy the bloody thing or not...I am right handed so it's not that it doesn't work, I also have the right handed version and it works well!!

user52922
Reply : Wed 23rd Apr 2008 20:13

Not that many left handers about, Philip, best get rid of it on ebay.

user92198
Reply : Thu 24th Apr 2008 10:43

hi john

my main problem is the fact I three (or more!) putt on pretty much every hole  so thats 54 shots I'm throwing away to start with so thats really where I need to work on my game. Agree with JP though, it reduces the slice but you can still slice it if you try I was actually thinking about getting a new non-offset one and working on controlling my swing a bit more.

tim 

user52922
Reply : Thu 24th Apr 2008 11:05

Nice of you to inform me, Stephen, that I attained a scratch handicap using the same coil and rotation for all clubs, so that is what I was doing wrong.

If you are going to offer advice, I suggest you first learn how this game should be played, as everyone who does not know will now be looking for two separate swings, when only one swing is needed. It is the ball position when using a driver that is different from the irons.

The ball should be hit just as the club starts to rise at impact due to a ball position that is forward in the stance and most certainly in front of the head. Your swing plane and strength does not vary at all from any other club you play in the bag, yes, even a full wedge. This is usually known as Tempo, which every good player manages to maintain.

user52922
Reply : Thu 24th Apr 2008 11:08

Tim, I have played for half a century now and I have never met a golfer who three putts every green, so I do believe that is a fabrication.

Everyone blames their putting, as it is not as bad as saying that you played crap. Be honest with yourself if you want to improve.

user52922
Reply : Thu 24th Apr 2008 11:10

Just thinking about that, I realised that if you were to putt to the average standard of 30 putts per round that would 24 shots better than your current form and would make you a four handicap golfer. I do not think so, do you.

user86885
Reply : Thu 24th Apr 2008 11:18

I am glad I have caused a debate about handicaps just by advertising a Driver for sale.... Quality!!

user52922
Reply : Thu 24th Apr 2008 11:36

Indeed Philip, threads have a habit of changing tack somewhere down the line on every forum I have been involved in.

user92198
Reply : Thu 24th Apr 2008 12:11

hi john

a 4 handicap - not in my lifetime me thinks.

I dont 3putt every green just the majority and averaging 30 putts per round would not make me a 4 handicapper, I think you are assuming I hit around 100 everytime (i wish) I'm actually just aiming to break 100 atm and my main problem is my putting, of course there are wayward fairway shots that up the score but they are less prevelant than the putting errors. If i knocked 24 shots off my last round it would have been a 96! I have a long way to go before my handicap drops below 28.

user52922
Reply : Thu 24th Apr 2008 12:17

Hi Tim, I see you have been playing in France. I have played all of those you have put up in your stats and though they are all pretty tough courses you still have a long way to go, that's for sure.

Lessons are the key when your game as at this level, otherwise it will take an age to improve.

Best of luck anyway.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top