Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

orka Kii CTI

Posted by: user84923 | Tue 8th Apr 2008 17:03 | Last Reply

Alright guys,

1st thread I've started, so be nice!

In last months 'Todays Golfer', they did a big article reviewing a large portion of the Irons floating around today... the 1st comparison was for the 'Better Player Irons' the 2nd the 'Game Improvement Irons'.

Joint winner of the 'Budget' Award for the 'Game Improvement Irons' was the orka Kii CTI's priced at £199 for the 5I-SW.

I've been playing on and off for 7 years or so since I brought the set of Irons I have now 'Prosimmon 3I-SW'  and they have seen a lot of action!  not a lot of it very good!  So they are a bit worn and battered.

But I've started playing a whole lot more of late and feel the time is right to let the old clubs rest in piece... and take a new set on board to try and improve my game.

Cash is not really a problem, certainly not at £199 anyway, but I don't want to be mugged for a stupid amount of cash in the process unless anyone can really disuade me with good reason!

I feel I'm looking (and planning to buy) at the right level with these clubs and not throwing my cash away, hopefully it'll be an good investment and if they last another 7 years, I'll of had my money's worth out of them.

S**t, have I rambled or what!

Cheers Guys.

Last edit : Tue 8th Apr 2008 17:07
re: orka Kii CTI
user26537
Reply : Tue 8th Apr 2008 17:20

Tim,

I am sure I will not be the only one to say that regardless of make and model find somewhere to try them.  I found that it does not hurt to use a magazine recommendation as a start point but just because TG says so does not mean that the clubs are the dogs danglies when it comes to your particular swing (and associated bunch of foibles). 

Several years ago I walked into a pro shop looking at a set of Nike irons that TG recommended and walked out with a set of Cobras, the Nikes were nice but did not "feel" as good as the Cobras to my mind.

TG have a habit of having a flavour of the month, over the past couple of years it has been Benross and MD in the budget catagory (both excellent manufacturers in my experience) and they seem to start there and then look outwards.

user52922
Reply : Tue 8th Apr 2008 18:10

I would buy a good secondhand set from a quality manufacturer.

user52922
Reply : Tue 8th Apr 2008 19:30

I have Callaway irons now, Philip having hopefully just sold my Maruman blades to one of the good players at my club.

My Callaways are even older as they are X14 steelhead, but they are a nice club, very well made.

user80414
Reply : Wed 9th Apr 2008 13:20

Timothy,

Thought that i would throw my tupence worth in. 

If you looking for a good set of Second hand, have a look at the Taylormade 300's. 

These are forged clubs which ar a cross between a blade and a cavity (but not a muscleback). I recently bought a set off of a friend and i think that they are great. They have a really good feel and control.

When they first came out in the early 2000's a set would cost you £599 you can now get a set in good condition for arround the £100 mark.

Danny

user52922
Reply : Wed 24th Sep 2008 17:34

You will really like the x14's Tim, they are a very well made club and are very easy to hit. I bought mine secondhand.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top