Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

N v S Coverage

Posted by: user41897 | Sun 6th Apr 2008 10:41 | Last Reply

As I am not playing on the 14th though wishing I was I am keen to follow all the news as it breaks on the day. 

I presume that Gary Lineker will hot foot from covering the Masters to present live coverage of an event of equal importance in the golfing calendar (though maybe not this one) and that reporters will be out on the course following the action as it happens.  

Broadcast interviews with team captains before teeing off will record the missplaced optimism of victory (North) and coverage from the 1st will be able to record drives that don't make it as far as the ladies tee (now when did that ever happen?).

I hear too through the grapevine that Ian Poulter is rattled by reports of flamboyant outfits planned for the event and will be on hand with sartorial tips for the players.

With all your technical wizardy Darren and a 3G card inserted somewhere appropriate I hope you will be able to blog the results as they come in to allow the victory celebrations to start in the Southern counties after the 9th group return to the clubhouse.

Enjoy the event guys and gurls - I just hope it doesn't snow (As if it would in April)

Andy

re: N v S Coverage
user41897
Reply : Sun 6th Apr 2008 11:50

Harsh, but a degree of truth maybe...

Yes, and actually any of us could do that if the results could be texted.  Needless to say it would only be the matchplay results that we'd be interested in as the play unfolds so it should not be too onerous a task.

If someone there has access to the web then more detailed blogging could be done but yes if someone could text the results (truthfully) then you could post them if you are offering.  Maybe even results at the turn could be fed back though it doesn't want to be too complicated.

user52922
Reply : Sun 6th Apr 2008 16:46

Once you two guys see the weather forecast you will be glad that you are not attending, Thunderstorms both Sunday and Monday with strong winds.

user9368
Reply : Sun 6th Apr 2008 16:53

Better than the 2 inches of snow that Myself Andy and Simon were faced with this morning though.

Andy thats the first Sundowners (the irony isnt lost on me) game that has been cancelled due to weather, you were very unlucky hopefully you can make the next game.

user41897
Reply : Sun 6th Apr 2008 18:14

Some form of play is possible in most weather conditions but putting in 2" snow is testing...!  I'll try and make it along another time Col.

user9368
Reply : Sun 6th Apr 2008 18:27

We all drove to Belfairs afterwoods but shortly after we arrived it was the same situation there. A couple fo the guys got a game in the afternoon at three rivers i think.

user50843
Reply : Sun 6th Apr 2008 19:30

Better bring some colouered balls, oh and you girls heading north for this event may need to bring some rather large pink ones, you may need them....

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top