Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

French Green Fees

Posted by: user87047 | Wed 2nd Apr 2008 16:44 | Last Reply

Does anyone know? French green fees mainly around Le Touquet. Are they per round or a daily rate?

re: French Green Fees
user52922
Reply : Wed 2nd Apr 2008 17:31

I have found them to all be open to negotiation depending on how busy they are. They all seem to do deals, but it is sometimes better to book a hotel like Le Manoir or The Westminster where they seem to get preferential rates to your benefit.

They also like handicaps to be no higher than 24, so you mah have to be a little devious.

Last edit : Wed 2nd Apr 2008 17:31
user52922
Reply : Wed 2nd Apr 2008 17:51

I am envious of you, Dave, you will find La Mer at Le Touquet an extremely stiff test, but La Foret is far more forgiving. I am sure you will enjoy it.

user52922
Reply : Wed 2nd Apr 2008 18:41

Dave, I have not play Wimeraux, but I have good reports about it.

Both of the Le Touquet courses are excellent, La Mer being a typical links course and extremely difficult. La Foret is a parkland type course and the easier of the two.

Hardelot has two courses, which I have played both and they are also a good test and always in nice condition. There is The Dunes and, as you have mentioned , The Pines.

Hardelot do very good deals throughout the year as they send me a regular email newsletter. Marina is the lady to ask for if you phone to speak to them.

You will enjoy yourselves, I have no doubt.

user52922
Reply : Wed 2nd Apr 2008 19:25

Martin, I too have never had a problem with handicap certificates anywhere abroad, I only quoted the 24 for Le Touquet, as I remember them asking if I was lower than that one time. I think it depends on whom you speak to at the time.

I have always spoken to them before going over as one does not want to have a wasted journey.

user41897
Reply : Wed 2nd Apr 2008 21:04

Played in Le Touquet area for last couple of years on summer trip and am away there again end of June.

Nampont St Martin has two courses - Le Belvedere and Les Cynges.  Belevedere is forgiving and to easy for some but good for high handicappers like us.  Played there in 06 and 07 and playing again this year.  Not played Les Cygnes - lots of water.

Belle Dune is fantastic.  A must play course in my book.  Played in 07 and playing again this year.

Le Touquet La Foret is another excellent course.  Played in 06.  Not played La Mer course but has good reputation.

Hardelot has two courses - Les Pins and Les Dunes.  Played Les Dunes in 07 though we were bumped from Les Pins.  Les Dunes is a short course but nice.  Les Pins course looked wonderful.  Playing this year.

Wimeraux is a tough course.  Links with long grass flanking all fairways and it's long.  Played in 06 and lost many balls.

As I say, have been twice.  Both times with Golfbreaks.com and again this year.  At Nampont on weekday you pay for day ticket and we played two rounds in one day.  We have never been asked for handicap certs - all four of us don't have and are 28+ handicappers.

Stayed in Le Touquet in 06 and 07 at the Red Fox Hotel.  Basic but clean and right in the middle of town.  This year Red Fox was full so staying at another town centre hotel.  This year cost for 4 players in two cars on shuttle in twin rooms for 3 nights and 3 rounds of golf is £255 per person.

Remeber in france courses are measured in metres not yards - catches us every time.

Enjoy Le Touquet - its is a great centre and the courses are fantastic.

Last edit : Thu 3rd Apr 2008 10:39
user41897
Reply : Thu 3rd Apr 2008 10:38

Oli,

For me, definately Belle Dune.  I've not played St Omer - it is a little way from Le Touquet if I recall.  If you are staying in Le Touquet then I'd probably suggest one of the Le Touquet courses.  I've not played La Mer but this is the tougher test and would be best probably looking at your handicap.  That said the Pines, which I have played is a lovely course too.

Two rounds in a day is do-able.  In June at Belle Dune it was not busy on a weekday.  Start early and you'll easily get two rounds in in June - not sure how long the day is in September - should be okay.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 29th Nov 2012 22:41

Just saw this is still getting traffic via the search engines. For anyone stumbling on this:

http://www.golfshake.com/course/golftrip/letouquet/">Beginners guides to Le Touquet

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/2529/Le_Golf_National_Ryder_Cup_Venue_2018.html">Le Golf National

http://www.golfshake.com/course/golftrip/golfandwine/">Golf in France plus Wine

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/1839/Playing_Golf_in_Aquitaine_is_no_flight_of_fancy.html">Playing Golf in Aquitaine

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top