Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

public viewable society area teething probs and wish list

Posted by: user9215 | Tue 25th Jul 2006 22:25 | Last Reply

Hi Darren

Thank you for making the society info public viewable as requested a couple of weeks back. Your response to user requests is as always superb Its like having my own software house all for the price of 5 quid.

however if you will indulge me i have some teehting problems to report and some suggested improvements.

1stly if i view my society as if i were the public it shows 4 rounds forthcoming, however if i log in to see why this is from the administrator area they do not appear.

As far as improvements it would be nice for example if

(1) photos or a gallery could be added (2) a message board or caht room was available within the society public area (3) it would also be nice if i could personalise the page with a society logo

You may have guessed by now that i am urging you to put in place all the things that would then make my own society page defunked and take the hassle out for me

email me directly and i will send you the link to my very badly and hastily constructed site so you can get the jist of what i mean.

Any progress on the longest drive and nearest the pin facility???

Have i ask for too much yet?

Has my fiver run out of mileage?

re: public viewable society area teething probs and wish list
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 30th Jul 2006 20:03

Hi Colin, hopefully the following should answer your queries.

Photos and galleries will be coming soon, I'm trying to not host myself but provide via flickr.com

The message board will also be coming soon but I need to work out how to moderate first.

Yes you will also be able to upload your own image you may have noticed when you set the public society that you code chose a theme, obviously only 1 at present but more should be available soon.

Not really had chance to look at nearest pin and longest drive but on the to-do list.

Currently looking at the competition issue, have you tried viewing with the site under competitions you manage ? Previousl if you created a competition but didn't add yourself then you couldn't edit or even see. The competitions I manage fixes this.

Your �5 is still in use :-) I am planning to review the set-up of the site and facilities available to maybe break out into account types so you only get the society and competition features if you want them. This may include a slight price increase for societies but I have no plan to remove the free standard account and plan that some elements of the society will be still free.

Regards,

Darren.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top