Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

New Handicap calculation

Posted by: user7769 | Sun 23rd Jul 2006 16:53 | Last Reply

After the recent update on the site two things has happened.

1) My handicap has gone up which is fine since I believe the new way of calculating is correct, however a lot of the rounds I played previously now has wrong stableford points against it, ie. my handicap is changed but the rounds still carries the old handicap and therefore wrong stableford points...

2) The handicap analysis doesn't work anymore. When I click the 'Handicap Performance Analysis' link it just says 'Not available for USGA handicaps'...

Any chance of having a look at particularly the handicap analysis link.

Thanks Nikolaj

[%sig%]

re: New Handicap calculation
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 23rd Jul 2006 20:27

Hi, I have now fixed the handicap analysis. The graph should show correctly for UK handicaps. US handicaps will be udpated to show the graph in the next few weeks.

For the stableford points, the stroke figure is recorded per round because this may be independent to your handicap. Competitions often only use handicaps of 3/4 or 7/8s

If this is worth updating then let me know and I'll create an option that will run a script to update the stableford points due to the minor handicap calculation differences.

Regards,

Darren.

Nikolaj Jorgensen wrote:

After the recent update on the site two things has happened.

1) My handicap has gone up which is fine since I believe the new way of calculating is correct, however a lot of the rounds I played previously now has wrong stableford points against it, ie. my handicap is changed but the rounds still carries the old handicap and therefore wrong stableford points...

2) The handicap analysis doesn't work anymore. When I click the 'Handicap Performance Analysis' link it just says 'Not available for USGA handicaps'...

Any chance of having a look at particularly the handicap analysis link.

Thanks Nikolaj

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top