Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

coloured balls

Posted by: user65480 | Thu 27th Mar 2008 08:16 | Last Reply

Can anyone help I am looking for the best place to by coloured titlist balls  I have just been diagnosed with a problem with my right eye I can not see clearly and I know the yellow or orange do help me but I am used to playing with titlist nxt to pro v

Thanks

re: coloured balls
user71987
Reply : Thu 27th Mar 2008 09:44

hey Richard,

kevin is spot on about the noodle ice balls. also pinnacle do coloured balls which maybe well worth a try.

user50354
Reply : Thu 27th Mar 2008 12:27

Richard,

I know this may sound crazy but with putting have you considered closing your right eye...

Ya never know...

NWOT........

Last edit : Thu 27th Mar 2008 12:27
user50354
Reply : Thu 27th Mar 2008 13:11

Do you mean the visi ball glasses.

yes, I have some and yes they help find balls. The area goes a blue colour and the ball stands out - only white balls mind and no good in the fall.

I have found many a ball with them but they are not designed for eyesight aid at address.

And of course you have got to not mind looking like man from mars wearing them...

NWOT........

Last edit : Thu 27th Mar 2008 13:11
user50354
Reply : Thu 27th Mar 2008 13:13

I will have mine at the North v South comp so anybody wanting to have a peek through them just ask...

NWOT.......

user50354
Reply : Thu 27th Mar 2008 14:09

No Matt, they are just a golf aid for finding balls...about £25.00

Will show you mine Sunday

NWOT........

Last edit : Thu 27th Mar 2008 14:09
user50354
Reply : Thu 27th Mar 2008 15:09

user80414
Reply : Thu 27th Mar 2008 19:19

Hi richard,

Sorry to hear about the eye problem, hope you can get it sorted. 

As far as i know Titleist only make yellow balls in PTS so/lo and PTS performance. I have never seen any Pro V1's in yellow or pink.

Give the PTS performace a go, they are of course not quite at a Pro V level but they are a good ball nether the less. Also dare i say, at risk of getting flamed, try the Wilson Ultras they are very good and have a soft feel and seem to stop very well when needed. And at about a 1/3 of the price of the Pro V! 

Do Srixion do the Ad333 in Yellow?

Good luck 

Danny 

user23840
Reply : Thu 27th Mar 2008 23:27

I once played with 2 different coloured balls..................when I stepped on a rake in a bunker.

user67421
Reply : Fri 28th Mar 2008 20:03

Hi dick, 

Have you tried a can of spray paint, many different colours there.

Plus if your lass knows your buying more golf balls I am sure you won't have to worry about the colour of your balls after she's finished.

The question is should I tell her?

user24437
Reply : Sun 30th Mar 2008 12:46

I'm not trying to dismiss the use of coloured balls or anything but have just had a look at the link that Christopher supplied.  But honestly 'This new technology means that the ball heats up slightly in the sunlight, expanding the air surrounding the ball when it is in flight, increasing speed and distance.'  What a pile of horsesh*t.  A spinning ball travelling through the air at 60 odd mph will shed heat, that's true - but lessen the air density around it to increase distance?  An object the size of a golf ball with a temperature a couple of degrees above ambient will have a thermal boundary layer of about 0.01mm, not taking into account any spin adjustment.

Utter drivel.

user52922
Reply : Sun 30th Mar 2008 13:00

Like most of the claims made for all this latest technology, as my old French Master used to say bilge, bolge and balderdash.

user235379
Reply : Sun 5th Jul 2009 17:30

The warmer a golf ball gets the more efficiently it can transfer energy.
Ultra-thin black cover absorbs as much heat energy as possible from the sun for extra distance.

would anyone fall for this s**t?

user52922
Reply : Sun 5th Jul 2009 17:49

I can understand the theory, Alan but I think a black ball would be harder to find as it goes further into rough.

user235379
Reply : Sun 5th Jul 2009 17:56

and i bet it still sinks

user272582
Reply : Fri 30th Oct 2009 11:01

Nike have a limited range of coloured balls which aren't as hard as the Noodle Ice Marbles!  Have a look on ebay, but be warned as they are pricey!  You can get black, red, orange, purple and silver, however with Nike-speak involved read 'magma red' etc!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top