Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Handicap System

Posted by: user78752 | Sat 22nd Mar 2008 11:44 | Last Reply

Quick one, Probably been covered already, but could not be bothered to look all that way.

Handicap Certs, are the recognised as the real deal. Can they be used in the UK and Europe???

A quick one for Darren

Last edit : Sat 22nd Mar 2008 11:45
re: Handicap System
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 24th Apr 2008 15:09

To answer this in terms of the golfshake.com handicap.  Whilst the handicap is not 'official', which can only be obtained through a club, I am working on making the handicap provided 'recognised'.

As the handicap provided on golfshake.com follows rules similar to the UK handicap then the golf handicap provided on golfshake.com is pretty accurate and you will find for most things it will be fine.

For competitions, obviously if you play in an golfshake.com event then we will accept you handicap here on golfshake.com, you will find other events organised here will and most other societies will not have a problem.  Unfortunately if you are playing in an open club competition you will more than likely find that they will insist on a club handicap.  That said, always check and I'm sure this will change over time. 

Also this is the stock answer I give out when asked about handicaps.

You will generally find the handicap provided will be accepted for general play but best to check first by phone or fax. The handicap provided is not official and would be unlikely to be accepted in a club competition. The only way in the UK to get an officially approved handicap is by joining a club.  That said for general play you will more than likely find that the certificate will be accepted, I always advise to phone or fax the club before hand to check. I know of a lot of members who have had their handicap certificate accepted at courses in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top