Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Open Days

Posted by: user83774 | Wed 12th Mar 2008 21:13 | Last Reply

Hi Just a wonder if anyone knows of any Open Days around Wales and just over the border. I would like to play in a few this year and find it hard to get people to play other courses.

If any of you would like to meet up i would gladly come along and have a game.

cheers

chris

re: Open Days
user52922
Reply : Wed 12th Mar 2008 23:19

There are many in your area and across the border into Somerset, Bristol and Gloucester.  Most will be 36 hole scratch events and if you PM me I can list all the ones that I have played in for you.

Most clubs hold open handicap events, but one well worth playing in, usually around June, is "The Grand Atlantic Trophy" at Weston Super Mare Golf club. It is 36 holes off handicap, but with a scratch prize as well.

There is the "Great Oak Foursomes" held at Rogerstone G.C. normally held on a Sunday and I can remember we used to come across and play in "The Whitchurch Silver Dragon" on the Saturday. Made a lovely week-ends competitive golf.

Sorry, Chris, I am reminiscing and rambling again.

Last edit : Wed 12th Mar 2008 23:27
user52922
Reply : Thu 13th Mar 2008 09:47

Another monster course, ideal for the pair of you, as it certainly favours the longer hitter.

user52922
Reply : Thu 13th Mar 2008 12:35

I found that playing in these open events is a great idea, as it gives you competition away from ones home course and is usually much cheaper than the normal green fee.

There is a nice one for the over 55's at Meon Valley on tuesday 15th July 2008, 18 holes stableford with full allowance with an entry fee of £35 inclusive of coffee on arrival, buffet lunch and free use of the 9 hole Valley course. I am thinking about entering this one myself.

user77012
Reply : Thu 13th Mar 2008 21:20

HI Kev

Im In ,thanks for the invite not sure i like the idea of given you a shot though with them bombs!

and look foward to meeting you to chris.

Chris theres a popular open day at Parc i have just checked my fixture book its on the 13th September . Its well attended by members or Bryn Meadows. Another one is at my home club  Radyr its called the Radyr Chain £20 dont have next years fixture list with me yet but i will let you know soon as.

user52922
Reply : Thu 13th Mar 2008 21:40

Chris, the Meon Valley one is on the outskirts of Southampton. It is a Marriot hotel and Country club. Over 55's only.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top