Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Handicap tracking for 9 hole courses?

Posted by: user83900 | Wed 12th Mar 2008 11:03 | Last Reply

Morning

Can I track my handicap on 9 hole rounds?  Have just joined my local club which is a 9 hole (although it does have an 18 hole card with proper SI and SSS) and may not always have time to double up for an 18 hole round.  Can I still use my 9 hole scores to keep my handicap updated?

Thanks for your help, great site by the way - having lots of fun on it.

re: Handicap tracking for 9 hole courses?
user52922
Reply : Wed 12th Mar 2008 11:16

9 hole rounds cannot, or should not be permitted for handicaps, IMO as the handicap would be distorted. How many times have you gone out in a great score only to mess up the back nine and vice versa.

user83900
Reply : Wed 12th Mar 2008 11:20

Fair comment John, I will definitely be trying to play as many 18 hole rounds as possible at my home course and also hitting some longer courses as well.  Was just keen to get everything logged and tracked even when I only manage to sneak 9 holes in after work for instance...

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 12th Mar 2008 11:51

Jim, technically and offically yes.  The CONGU system was updated for this year to introduce some new golf handicap rules. Although it isn't a complete green light and at the discretion of the affiliated clubs providing the handicap.

In terms of the golf handicap provided on golfshake.com I haven't included this functionality yet and have yet to decide whether it will be included.

As far as stats recording goes though I will definiately recommend record your 9 hole rounds.  At this time this is done by creating an additional score card for the course you play and entitling the coursename 'Front 9' or 'Back 9' and enter details for only 9 holes, you can then record your rounds and statistics and analyse your data.

Hope this makese sense.

Regards, Darren. 

user83900
Reply : Wed 12th Mar 2008 11:59

Thanks Darren - I have added a 9 hole card to the course but would now like to rename it to your suggestion of "Front 9" rather than the "Yellow" I've called it so far as currently there is a full 18 "yellow" named card as well.

Is it easy to change the name of a scorecard?

The course is Effingham Park if you need to see what I've done!

Cheers

user9368
Reply : Wed 12th Mar 2008 21:14

Just put 2 rounds together

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top