Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Handicap Analysis

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sun 18th Jun 2006 21:23 | Last Reply

Darren,

Could you confirm the handicap analysis for my profile, I was expecting this to change based upon a few poor rounds recently�.I thought that I had a buffer of 2 shots as my handicap was 17.3 on 26/05, I thought this would rise to 17.4 after being 22 over par at Hever, and then expected this to rise again to 17.5 after being 22 over par at Birchwood.

I guess I�ve misunderstood the buffer rule, could you advise?

re: Handicap Analysis
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 18th Jun 2006 21:23

Hi Ian, I would guess and let me know if I am wrong so that I can analyse in depth but your bad rounds were the result of a few very bad holes.

Basically the gross score, is firstly adjusted to take into account any bad holes, so that the max over par is 2. This then becomes your adjusted gross score from this you then subtract your handicap and then finally subtract the course SSS. If the final figure is negative your handicap goes down and if it's positive then it takes into account the buffer and goes up.

Regards,

Darren.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top