Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

My 6iron shot

Posted by: user82583 | Mon 25th Feb 2008 22:19 | Last Reply

http://www.golfshake.com/video/watch/358/my_shot_with_6iron.html

This is my first time recording my swing nothing GREAT. Looking forward to advice if any

Thanks 

re: My 6iron shot
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 26th Feb 2008 07:49
re: My 6iron shot
user52922
Reply : Tue 26th Feb 2008 12:33

OK, Gerard, I will have a go for you, although the swing speed is very fast and I had difficulty stopping it at crucial positions, but my first impression is that overall, your swing has a lot going for it.

The top of the swing position was pretty good although I don't like to see a closed clubface at this point. The angle of the video is also not conducive to giving one the best view and it looked like your weight, even though you have rolled off the inside of the left foot is still over that foot. I may be wrong of course but that is the feeling I got from that angle.

The downswing was again very fast and it appeared that you came slightly over the top in this particular swing as the divot is facing left of the finished ball position. Not knowing the flight of the ball makes all these observations suspect.

Lessons with a good teaching pro would be my advice at this early stage in your golf career. Good luck.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top