Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

My Driver Choice.

Posted by: user82583 | Mon 25th Feb 2008 20:56 | Last Reply

Im just posting to see if anyone can actually help me pick a driver to suit my play. Im not looking for one thats £200+. Ive tried many drivers Varying from Titleist 905R to Callaway Big Bertha War bird. My current driver is Ryder which isnt much a make. My Problem is i always slice my shots yet my mate with a handicap of 10  says ive got a good swing and he doesnt see where i go wrong. This might not be much help but im posting to see if there is any help

Thanks very much for looking. 

Last edit : Mon 25th Feb 2008 21:01
re: My Driver Choice.
user52922
Reply : Mon 25th Feb 2008 21:08

I would suggest buying a well know make secondhand on ebay for very little money.

Having a new driver is not going to be the answer in reducing your handicap, only practice, preferably after lessons, is the way forward.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 25th Feb 2008 21:28

I went through this pain about five months ago Gerard.  See if there's an American golf or similar that has a launch monitor in store and a range attached.  The idea is that you try a few different loft and shaft types on the launch monitor to see what suits you best in theory then go and try a few different clubs with the right combination on the range. 

Don't get hung up on price or name, it's all about what suits you and your game.  If that's an Adams or Ben Ross, use the money you've saved to get a good putter. 

user9368
Reply : Mon 25th Feb 2008 21:40

Thats what i do, for now anyway. I am planning to use the driver in anger  very soon though

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top