Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf society

Posted by: user9215 | Fri 2nd Jun 2006 23:07 | Last Reply

How many meMbers can i track within a society using your software. i am upto 14 and was under the impression that 12 was the limit.

My society has a max limit of 12 active players with a 3 strikes and your out ruling (miss 3 games and loose your place) but it would be nice to retain old scores if they decide to come back if another position opens up.

HAve you lareday upped the quota or will i find problems when i come to enter scores later on.

BTW, great software and really like the fact that you respond quickly to queries and upgrade suggestions. I would like if possible when you are improving the software to have the option of read only or guest access to my username allowing members of the society to view there stats if they so desired. at the moment i have to cut and paste all the details and email it to everybody. it would also be nice if they could use the message board funtion.

re: Golf society
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 2nd Jun 2006 23:14

Hi Colin. Hopefully the following will answer your queries. Glad you like the site.

Colin wrote:

How many meMbers can i track within a society using your software. i am upto 14 and was under the impression that 12 was the limit.

As many as you want at present. Although competitions only allow to a maximum of 32, this can easily be changed if required.

My society has a max limit of 12 active players with a 3 strikes and your out ruling (miss 3 games and loose your place) but it would be nice to retain old scores if they decide to come back if another position opens up.

HAve you lareday upped the quota or will i find problems when i come to enter scores later on.

Shouldn't be any problems.

BTW, great software and really like the fact that you respond quickly to queries and upgrade suggestions. I would like if possible when you are improving the software to have the option of read only or guest access to my username allowing members of the society to view there stats if they so desired. at the moment i have to cut and paste all the details and email it to everybody. it would also be nice if they could use the message board funtion.

Couple of possibilities here.

1, There are society and competition reports available which are also available in PDF format which you could e-mail.

2, A society can be made up of existing members of the golfscoretracker site (who can obviously login) and additional accounts you create.

3, I am working on a public society area, where anyone can view the society, members and competitions etc in a read only mode. Once this is done you could just e-mail out the URL.

Darren.

re: Golf society
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 4th Jun 2006 21:14

Thanks.

Let me know how you get on with the society and if I can do anything to improve it, easier to use, new features etc.

This is one of the things that I've not spent much time on and could be a very powerful tool. Hopefully I'll get round to updating the user guides soon.

Regards,

Darren.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top