Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Jackdaw - birdie

Posted by: user21362 | Sat 16th Feb 2008 19:47 | Last Reply

Playing on Bridlington Links a Jackdaw picked my first shot off the fairway and dropped it in the rough (honest) - I then could not find it! What is the ruling?

re: Jackdaw - birdie
user9368
Reply : Sat 16th Feb 2008 19:50

I believe if you see the  bird or animal take the ball then you get a free drop. Col

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 17th Feb 2008 19:14

Happened to me today.  Bloody crow!  I've only ever seen it happen once before and it was on the same hole to the group in front of us about three month back. 

I believe the rule is you can place the ball back where it was removed from for no penalty OR using the 'outside influences' rule you have the choice of playing it from it's new position for no penalty. 

user77921
Reply : Mon 18th Feb 2008 16:46

This is one of those things that is hilarious at the time, as long as its happening to your playing partner and not you!!! I cant believe it is so common though. Has anyone had a bird pick their ball up and drop closer to the hole!?

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 18th Feb 2008 21:24

It was a wierd one for me as it was a provisional that was 'hijacked'.  I found my original ball so the only damage done was minus one ball. 

Apparently crows, magpies and seagulls are the main culprits as they mistake them for eggs. 

user50354
Reply : Tue 19th Feb 2008 12:15

Had a seagull have a wee sniff at my ball Sunday but did not take it..

Think she only sits on pro v1's..

NWOT............

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top