Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Motocaddy Vs Powacaddy

Posted by: user76976 | Fri 8th Feb 2008 08:46 | Last Reply

I am presently the owner of an Easycaddy electric trolley which for me has been a terrible purchase. I am about to buy a new one but can't decide between a Motocaddy (S1 or S3) against a powakaddy. Can anyone advise on their expierences with either and if they think powakaddy is just over priced? I am leaning toward the motocaddy but don't want to end up with another easycaddy..... Any comments.

ps If any members ion my areas fancy a game or like to start a tournament just give me a buzz.

re: Motocaddy Vs Powacaddy
user52922
Reply : Fri 8th Feb 2008 09:46

Unless you are rich enough to afford a Stewart then I am afraid the choice is limited when it comes down to what constitutes a good electric trolley as they are all seem to be made in China these days.

I have a remote control one which is an exact copy of the Powacaddy at half the price, but it has also proved to be problematic in that the bolts that hold the axle on keep on shearing, but have now modified with split pins which do not break. The battery did not last that long, but I have now replaced with another one, keeping my fingers crossed, as it cost £94.

user64175
Reply : Wed 5th Mar 2008 15:32

Thomas,
Sorry if I'm too late, but buy the Pre-Owned S1  Motocaddy direct from Motocaddy, you will not be dissapointed. It will have new gearbox, axel, motor, battery tray and battery + charger, all for £165.

Great trolly, I have no complaints and I play every week on a very hilly course, where the lesser known carts die on the 12th.

Give them a ring on 0845 058 9818, and tell them you are interested in the Pre-Owned models. Their staff are great too. 

user554534
Reply : Mon 9th Sep 2013 19:44

I have had my powakaddy replaced after 7 rounds! The new one stops constantly and after sending it back I was told there was nothing wrong with it ! The next round it broke down after 4 holes ! After it went back again I was told they had found a faulty relay . On return it broke down on the fourth fairway .they are still not wanting to replace this lemon I will never buy another Powakaddy this was the Lithium freeway11 ,incidentally

user554534
Reply : Thu 20th Mar 2014 13:31

roy smith again i have just had the FIFTH wheel fracture off my lithium Powakady 2 it has been nightmare and I would never advise anyone to buy this brand also there service department is hopeless

user89876
Reply : Sat 22nd Mar 2014 10:52

I have had both (currently the motocaddy) and I would never buy a powakaddy again, the price things isn't an issue as the top motocaddy isn't cheap either but I find the build quality and the way the motto breaks down to be much better than the powakaddy, also, it's twice as quiet as the powakaddy

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top