Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Magnetic Balls

Posted by: user80696 | Thu 31st Jan 2008 22:32 | Last Reply

I just thought that i would post a wee description of a shot i played last year. While out on a round with my brother last year i was get ready to tee off ,when i looked up and i saw a pheasant stroll out from the rashes about 50 yards away so i decided to wait to see if it was going to move away,after a bit shooing and arm waving it just seemed to be ignoring me .I said to my brother that if did'nt move it was going to end up with a ball rattled against ( i was only joking ) but non the less i decided to go ahead and tee off, so i stuck another fine daisy cutter only to look up and see my ball hit the pheasant we actually heard the thump as it struck into its body.and to both our suprise it took off into the rashes.as i also do a bit of hunting i am sure it probably died of shock later... i felt terrible for the rest of my round ..

Another time i was out with my friend and his girlfriend ( she wanted to learn to play ) anyway everything was going well .At one tee she decided to stand infront of the tee say about 5 yards and to the left of the tee .my partner was teeing up so i said to her that that was not a good place to stand so she retreated to behind the ball but she left her golf bag there thinking nothing of it..my playing partner play his shot strait of the toe and rattled her bag now that could have been her had i not said to her..

the moral of this story is that if there is anything in front of you its a sure thing that you are going to hit it , it seems to me that golf balls seem to have this magnetic thing to them inside them..so take it from me that if there is anthing in front of you wait for it to move out of harms way...

Last edit : Thu 31st Jan 2008 22:39
re: Magnetic Balls
user9368
Reply : Thu 31st Jan 2008 22:50

Perhaps you should ask the Pheasant or girlfriend to stand on the green next time

re: Magnetic Balls
user79538
Reply : Fri 8th Feb 2008 16:19

Last year, our Comps Chairman managed to hit a moorhen, knocking it out.  As we walked to the green, it's legs started waving in the air, and suddenly it was up, and tore off to the pond at the side.  They're quite resilient, and birds feathers seem to do a lot to cushion any blows.  We did say it would be his only birdie that day!

One of my shots hit a goose at Wyboston lakes some time ago.  There was a big thud, it looked up, then carried on grazing on the grass.  They're very used to people playing golf, and must get hit quite regularly!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top