Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Handicap changes/deleting rounds within groups

Posted by: user22376 | Mon 21st Jan 2008 17:36 | Last Reply

HELP ...... can anyone tell me how to:

1.Manually modify the handicaps of group members

2. How to delete rounds (not events) within a group

3. Recalculate handicaps after these rounds have been deleted ?

I keep records of my societies scores and made a mistake with some entries. I deleted the events but cannot delete the rounds. Also on one member there is an error that I cant work out and a memebers handicap crashed from 24ish to 17 even though he had less than 36 points ???

Help !!!

re: Handicap changes/deleting rounds within groups
user52922
Reply : Sun 6th Apr 2008 16:19

It is very easy to make mistakes when entering into a computer program. Garbage in produces garbage out and therefore the blame most certainly lies with the one doing the input.

Many societies use golfshake for their records so the system must work fine.

user71987
Reply : Tue 8th Apr 2008 14:21

Gents,

if you are having issues with certain parts ofthe site please PM Darren or Luke and i'm sure they will be very happy to get this sorted for you.

user83555
Reply : Tue 15th Apr 2008 18:36

Gary

if you created your member via the Group managed accounts within the Groups and events option for your society then by revisiting "Group managed acccounts" and clicking on the 'user maintenance' icon for your player then you can enter a new handicap (with notes) for your player .... in order to correct the error

If the member is "signed up" to Golfshake only the member can alter his handicap via tools and handicap tools option in much the same way

I don't think you can delete a card - but prior to deleting the competition you could have modified the card unfortunately I think in your case the card stands so you would have to modify the handicap to cover the error

hope this helps - if my instincts serve me well resurrecting a card on the site and backtracking that into the tracking mechanism is probably impossible for Darren to do

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 14th May 2008 15:49

I'll make sure the help section fully explains this but yes all is possible if you are running managed accounts for your society

1.Manually modify the handicaps of group members

>> From the admin section you shouldthe link to list the managed accounts. Clicking the User maintenance 'user maintenance' icon will allow you to edit your society members details, recalcualte handicaps and make manual adjustments

2. How to delete rounds (not events) within a group

>> Again from the same section click the List user rounds 'List Rounds' icon to view all rounds for a particular member. Only thing to note is you can not delete a competition round at present.

3. Recalculate handicaps after these rounds have been deleted ?

>> See response in question1

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top