Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Handicap Card Requirement by St Andrews Links

Posted by: user637013 | Fri 4th Sep 2015 15:54 | Last Reply

I've booked a trip to St Andrews next week for four days of golf with three other buddies. It seems that the handicap card requirement is required. Does anyone know if the Golfshake Handicap card is acceptable?

Last edit : Sat 5th Sep 2015 15:53
re: Handicap Card Requirement by St Andrews Links
user466742
Reply : Mon 7th Sep 2015 14:17

I'd imagine so. As long as you're a competent golfer, you'll be fine. Went to watch the Open there this year. My god it's an impressive course. Pray for good weather & you could be chasing a good score! Definitely take up the option of a caddy, otherwise you'll get lost. There's about 5 different courses on the site from memory!

Last edit : Mon 7th Sep 2015 14:17
user637013
Reply : Mon 7th Sep 2015 14:29

Well, I am booked on Eden, Castle, Jubilee courses. Currently balloting for Old Course - will know soon if we get it.

Thanks for the reassurance. I would consider myself a competent player. And by chance, there is a high pressure system on Edinburgh! So weather-wise, it would be "as soon as it gets!"

Last edit : Mon 7th Sep 2015 14:29
user24437
Reply : Mon 7th Sep 2015 14:50

Yep, no problem on the Old Course - the only one that actually specifies a handicap certificate. Darren has been through this and it's not a problem. Mind you, if you see some of the halfwits on the course you may wonder why they bother....

If you could afford it I'd thoroughly recommend Kingsbarns, one of the best courses I've ever played.

Last edit : Mon 7th Sep 2015 14:50
user53837
Reply : Mon 7th Sep 2015 15:43

Yes the Old course will accept our card & cert as proof of playing ability.

If unsure give them a call and they will confirm.

Regards, Golfshake

Last edit : Mon 7th Sep 2015 15:43

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top