Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Standardisation of golf courses

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sat 22nd Aug 2015 18:03 | Last Reply

I have been upto Yorkshire for a few days and have played two golf courses that I haven't played before.

These were Styrrup Hall GC and Kingswood Golf Center.

I have often wondered why each golf course in the country could not have a standard set of things to use.

One would be indicators for where the flag is on the green, and another would be yardage posts.

My own golf club has a letter at the first tee, A, B or C. On the scorecard is a plan of each green. I have played golf courses where the flag is red for the front, yellow for the middle and white for the back.

Now I know that some people will think that part of the game of golf is judging for yourself where the flags are. The golf club could put normal flags out for major competitions if that is what they want to do.

My own club has yardage markers on the right hand side of the fairway. We have one hundred yards, one hundred and fifty yards. On the par fives they have one at two hundred yards.

The problem with only having one post is that you are never quite sure exactly where the exact mark is!

Styrrup Hall GC only had one marker and that was at one hundred and fifty yards.

I would like to see some kind of standardisation on our golf courses.

What do you think?

Last edit : Sat 22nd Aug 2015 18:03
re: Standardisation of golf courses
user53837
Reply : Mon 21st Dec 2015 14:46

We've let the old forum slide of late but have now moved to a new & improved version. I'd highly recomment you register on the new forum and post your query there now >>

http://forums.golfshake.com/

Last edit : Mon 21st Dec 2015 14:46

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top