Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Who played today listing

Posted by: user41897 | Sat 5th Jan 2008 17:50 | Last Reply

Here's an idea for an extra feature (assuming you can't do it at the moment).  How about being able to display a list of who played 'today' or on a particular date from either all users or just buddies and the course / strokes / points.  That way one could see at a glance who played that day and how well they played.

Andy

re: Who played today listing
user9368
Reply : Sat 5th Jan 2008 20:33

Good idea

I'd be interested in this for a bit of lunch time viewing 

user9368
Reply : Sat 5th Jan 2008 20:49

Wjile your working on this Darren how about a who is online and a chat room function

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 5th Jan 2008 21:02

Who is online is on the list.

What would you want to see on the who's played today.  The actual rounds posted that day for that day ?  Obviously a lot of people log in Monday morning and add rounds from the weekend.  The other thing is that there are a lot of rounds added every day so in the Summer months it could be a very very long list.

I was thinking about allowing people to post incomplete rounds, which obviously don't affect your handicap until complete.  The idea behind this would be people posting whilst on the course via PDA or mobile phone.  This would be potentially interesting to watch live rounds being postsed ?

Finally Andy, something new around this will be coming soon for your buddies.  Watch this space.

user9368
Reply : Sat 5th Jan 2008 22:36

How about just showing the last so many rounds to minimise how many are on display.

On another vein is it possible to view rounds played by course so i can see who is playing my courses and how they did relative to their own handicaps, would also be interesting to see based on actual rounds what the easiest and hardest holes on any course are, like a working stroke index just to see if the clubs pros have got it right.

user9368
Reply : Sat 5th Jan 2008 23:10

Andy, i must apologise i appear to have hijacked your thread beyond belief.

And to think i mentioned forum moderation in another thread pot calling kettle i think.

Sorry Col

user41897
Reply : Sun 6th Jan 2008 19:53

No worries Col, hijack away....

It was just a thought Darren to be able to display listing of all rounds played on a given date (date played not entered).  When playing with others it is good to see their scores and to being able to display all rounds on a given day is easier than looking at each players stats to find the rounds played.  The date played should default to the 'todays' date but I'd probably look on Monday for games played over the previous weekend.

As for a long list, it could be sorted or filtered by location, score, points etc or could be optioned to include only those on buddies list.  It would, for instance be interesting to see who had the best round on any given day (a bit like the virtual leaderboard).  The display could just be player name, course name, strokes and points.  Hyperlink on name would take you to profile to see more details.

Posting incomplete rounds is a good idea.  Also it would be good to be able to enter a character to symbolise a blob/pickup rather than entering net double bogey / 10 and giving no value or NS (no score say) for total strokes.  I picked up on 4 holes on a recent round and entered them all as 10's but this leads to a horrid strokes total for that round when all i was interested in was the points.

Andy

Last edit : Sun 6th Jan 2008 19:59
user41897
Reply : Sun 6th Jan 2008 19:58

I like your idea too col about seeing rounds played on a selected course to see how other people get on playing.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 7th Jan 2008 10:23

Added to the to do list, will let you know in due coarse.

user50354
Reply : Mon 7th Jan 2008 12:08

ALGARVE 2008.....safe passage my friends....

Assuming Wayne really does look like the picture....

user41897
Reply : Mon 7th Jan 2008 18:53

thread

hijack

topic

off

Are we looking forward to our little trip per-chance?

Last edit : Mon 7th Jan 2008 18:55
user23840
Reply : Mon 7th Jan 2008 20:01

When you get to their age Andy, you don't have much to look forward too.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top