Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Handicap Adjustment

Posted by: user620885 | Mon 20th Apr 2015 14:16 | Last Reply

Hi, One of our players in our society got 32 pts on Sunday playing off 25.1 (25). The course SSI was Par 72 and he shot 101 gross. On the first hole par 4 (SI 7) he scored an 8 which would be the nett double bogey rule, (4+2shots+2). This menans he shot 76 net (101-25) which means he fell within the 4 shot buffer for his handicap group. The handicap adjuster on the web site has increased his handicap by 0.1 when i believe it should stay the same. Please can you advise.

Thanks,

Last edit : Mon 20th Apr 2015 14:16
re: Handicap Adjustment
user620885
Reply : Mon 20th Apr 2015 14:31

Just noticed that the SSS for the course is 71 even though the par is 72 so I presume that would be the reason of the 0.1 addition due to the difference from his nett score and SSS is now 5 so out of the buffer.

Last edit : Mon 20th Apr 2015 14:31
user620885
Reply : Mon 20th Apr 2015 15:26

Re my previous response, I have altered the score to make the difference between nett score and SSS to be as low as 1 and it still adds 0.1 to the adjusted handicap, not sure that this is working as per the help pages??

Last edit : Mon 20th Apr 2015 15:26
user53837
Reply : Tue 21st Apr 2015 10:24

Your reply is correct in that the final adjustment is based on the SSS or a society/comp CSS you may enter as part of the round process.

In relation to the follow up reply did you just edit a round ? if so this doesn't automatically adjust your handicap but requires you to run the recalculate handicap option. We only adjust handicaps for rounds added, if you edit or delete you have to use the recalculate option.

Last edit : Tue 21st Apr 2015 10:24

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top