Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Rakes!

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sun 19th Apr 2015 15:34 | Last Reply

I have noticed recently at my golf club how the rakes are being left in/by the bunkers.

Now I know there isn't a hard and fast rule about where to leave a rake, but I do realise there is a common sense place to leave them.

I should have taken some pictures to put on here, but I forgot!

Imagine a bunker just to the right of the green on a par four hole.

When you arrive at the bunker the last person who used the rake has left it about one foot in the bunker and laid across the bunker!

Now, I always leave the rake on the outward side of the bunker and with the head nearest the green and the handle facing back down the fairway.

Just think, you have played your approach to the green. It's only slightly off target but heading for the bunker. You think to yourself that you are not a bad bunker player and that your ball will be in the middle of the bunker.

When you arrive you find that your ball is resting against a rake that is a foot into the bunker.

So, instead of having a simple splash shot out of the bunker you now have your golf ball on a downhill lie, with the lip of the bunker near enough to get into your head!

This is one of the issues I have where people call themselves 'Golfers', but when you think about it, they aren't! They have all the stuff, etc. But, I wouldn't call them golfers.

Just wondering what other people think about this.

Russ

Last edit : Sun 19th Apr 2015 15:34
re: Rakes!
user246701
Reply : Sun 19th Apr 2015 17:09

I would prefer that rakes were thrown away, and bunkers were left to become hazards in which people would prefer NOT to be in (where as recently perfectly manicured bunkers seem to be the wish for everyone)

..... if that's not possible then toss it into the middle, or rather a few feet away from the edge.

Last edit : Sun 19th Apr 2015 17:09
re: Rakes!
user628400
Reply : Mon 20th Apr 2015 11:32

I personally think we should teach some people to actually use them when being in a bunker one game i played this weekend my playing partner ended up in in a foot print

Last edit : Mon 20th Apr 2015 11:32

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top