Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Abandon Competition Procedure?

Posted by: user460475 | Sun 12th Apr 2015 17:11 | Last Reply

What is the recommended procedure when half-way through the Sat. medal greens flood/ balls move and a " headless chicken" scenario takes place in the clubhouse - half the field walk in and the other half, past the unplayable section, play-on to finish cold and wet - to discover that the comp. has been abandoned by common agreement - and no-one tells them!!! C. Black

Last edit : Sun 12th Apr 2015 17:11
re: Abandon Competition Procedure?
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 12th Apr 2015 19:57

I'm not certain of the official position on this but.....

Seeing as some of the field actually finished the competition, then maybe the competition should stand as it is. Anybody who didn't hand in a scorecard would be a NR. Funny how nobody bothered to tell them the competition had been abandoned!

I remember playing in a competition at my golf club when it rained for a while. We were on the fifth fairway when they told us it had been abandoned. My partner and I carried on and finished the 18 holes, never had another spot of rain all day!

Never amazes me how people won't play when the weather gets bad. They live in this country and because it's raining they don't want to play! It's very simple to me, if it's raining, you either put your waterproofs on or don't play. But don't abandon the competition when people are playing or willing to play!

Russ

Last edit : Sun 12th Apr 2015 19:57
re: Abandon Competition Procedure?
user451055
Reply : Fri 17th Apr 2015 10:21

If a competition is abandoned but some people have completed rounds then the competition does stand but handicaps are reduction only.

Last edit : Fri 17th Apr 2015 10:21

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top