Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

2 handicaps ?

Posted by: user97088 | Wed 8th Apr 2015 07:55 | Last Reply

hello gents not been on for a while, my question is can the average weekly golfer have 2 handicaps and if so what would be the reason for this. all replies welcome

Last edit : Wed 8th Apr 2015 07:55
re: 2 handicaps ?
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 8th Apr 2015 14:48

Philip,

The only time an average weekly golfer will have two hcp's is if he is a member of a Club, and a Society. Also if he is a member of a Club here in England and also a member of a Club that uses another system other than CONGU (i.e. Golfshake\USAetc) then they may have two hcp's. Even when you are a member of a Club you may think you have two hcp's (ACTUAL & PLAYING). I hope this helps you, but it is only the tip of an iceberg.

Last edit : Wed 8th Apr 2015 14:48
user26342
Reply : Wed 8th Apr 2015 21:18

There's also the possibility that they could be members at 2 clubs & have a home & away hcap??

Last edit : Wed 8th Apr 2015 21:18
user97088
Reply : Thu 9th Apr 2015 07:12

thanks gents for the info just thought I should get an answer before next weeks meeting as I know this topic will come up. thanks again

Last edit : Thu 9th Apr 2015 07:12
user451055
Reply : Thu 9th Apr 2015 08:37

You could also have 2 handicaps if you play regularly overseas where they use a different handicapping system. I have freinds who are members of Spanish and Portuguese clubs in addition to mine and they have a different handicap over there.

You can't have a home and away club handicap under the congu system. There is only 1 handicap and your away scores are sent to your home club for your handicap to be updated.

Last edit : Thu 9th Apr 2015 08:37

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top