Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Will the Masters be better without Tiger

Posted by: user53837 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 30th Mar 2015 09:09 | Last Reply

We still don't know if Tiger is going to pitch up at The Masters, but if he does there will no doubt be a media storm around him and we will see every shot he plays - good or bad!

Will the tournament coverage be more balanced and better with out him?

Last edit : Mon 30th Mar 2015 09:09
re: Will the Masters be better without Tiger
user618719
Reply : Mon 30th Mar 2015 19:21

hes old hat now ,,if he starts , he will not make the last day ,, by bad game or bad back ,

Last edit : Mon 30th Mar 2015 19:21
user209804
Reply : Tue 31st Mar 2015 13:25

The TV will be all Tiger Woods - I agree he is old hat - Lets see more of Jordon, Rickie, Justin and of course Rory

Last edit : Tue 31st Mar 2015 13:25
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 31st Mar 2015 13:38

Tell the TV guys that Tiger is not the only guy playing. I remember a few years ago watching 'live coverage' that went.

"Lee Westwood has this putt to take the lead, it's a tricky 8 footer with a break left to right" The TV pictures then moved to show Tiger stood with one hand on his bag waiting for a green to clear and you heard a roar from elsewhere on the course. The TV picture moved back to show Lee Westwood pick his ball out of the hole and wave to the crowd. "Westwood now leads" said the commentator.

Last edit : Tue 31st Mar 2015 13:38
user80078
Reply : Tue 31st Mar 2015 16:37

I've never been Tiger's biggest fan, but he has undeniably been the main force in golf for many years now. Yes his skills are waning and he must now take his place among the mere mortals. However, to just dismiss him is disingenuous and does not pay his game the respect it deserves. He alone, with the exception of one or two, was professional golf for a long time. I hope to see him at The Masters and wish him well.

Last edit : Tue 31st Mar 2015 16:37
user217280
Reply : Tue 31st Mar 2015 17:36

Never been a fan of Tigers, although one can't argue he had a talent most could not match, he is not the same player today though, but if he is there and is leading then he desetves the attention if he is there and struggling then I am not interested and I belive it is disrespectful to the players that are playing well, to be overlooked simply because he was a great player once, he has had his day and is now time to move on.

Last edit : Tue 31st Mar 2015 17:36
user618719
Reply : Tue 31st Mar 2015 19:23

keep an eye on jason day ,hes moving up !!!! or young ricky (ex motor cross boy)

Last edit : Tue 31st Mar 2015 19:23

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top