Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Are you excited that Tiger is back?

Posted by: user53837 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Thu 29th Jan 2015 14:26 | Last Reply

Tiger Woods returns this week at the Phoenix Open, an event he has not played for a decade.

Are you pleased to seem him back or did you prefer it when he was away?

Last edit : Thu 29th Jan 2015 14:26
re: Are you excited that Tiger is back?
user80078
Reply : Thu 29th Jan 2015 15:45

I was never his biggest fan and deplored his actions off the course. However, he was a real shot in the arm for professional golf and made many of his competition try to up their own games, successfully. He will not get back to the dominating position he once held, but he will again be good for golf when he competes.

Last edit : Thu 29th Jan 2015 15:45
user565589
Reply : Fri 30th Jan 2015 17:59

Nice to see him duffing chips like the rest of us

Last edit : Fri 30th Jan 2015 17:59
user217280
Reply : Wed 4th Feb 2015 16:26

To be blunt, no I am not, I have never been a fan of his and I don't agree that he is good for golf, Many times when Tiger was dominating the game, I switched of the golf on TV, there was no excitement for me, golf is at it best when no one knows who will win untill the last couple of holes or the very last put witch happened many more time pre Tiger, The Masters has always been my favourit tournament and during the 80's I stayed up late every year when Sandy Lyle had to birdie from the bunker on 18 and Faldo's back to back wins in play offs Woosy's birdie on the 18th to win and who can forget Jack Nicklaus in 86 then Tiger came along and the competion died everyone was scared of him and on the final day he could cruise to victory while all the other players fell away scared to compete with him, So I don't believe he was or is good for the game, although you can't argue about his ability to play the game, but what happened to the competion, most of the time it was a formality, great for Tigers fans a guess, maybe it will be different this time, if he gets his game back, as I don't believe he will dominate again, so we may see some more nail biting finishes again.

Last edit : Wed 4th Feb 2015 16:26
user224024
Reply : Wed 4th Feb 2015 23:49

No.

Last edit : Wed 4th Feb 2015 23:49

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top