Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf tv uk

Posted by: user565589 | Mon 26th Jan 2015 18:10 | Last Reply

So, my golf addiction is progressing quite nicely. Should I get sky sports? Is there much golf on there? What are my options for watching golf from the uk? Is there a place on the internet I can stream golf? Had a look at the golf channel site but they do 't seem to have uk subscription.

Last edit : Mon 26th Jan 2015 18:10
re: Golf tv uk
user618209
Reply : Mon 26th Jan 2015 18:50

Must admit I think I couldn't live with out sky sports Less and less golf on main stream tv Streaming golf on iPad etc can be tedious I record the golf on sky and watch it back. Lose the adverts and constant chin wag and just watch the action. 4hr recording watch back action approx 2.5 hrs I happen to love the footy as well so all in all sky sports is no1 Cheers Jeff

Last edit : Mon 26th Jan 2015 18:50
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 26th Jan 2015 23:25

I got rid of sky sports.

When I looked at what I was actually watching, it turned out not to be that much!

One hour of golf on a Sunday night and three or four football matches a year.

£40 a month. Not worth it for me

I did have a website for the golf, but it went down just before the Ryder Cup!

Last edit : Mon 26th Jan 2015 23:25
user53837
Reply : Tue 27th Jan 2015 09:54

To specifically answer your question then yes they have both of the European Tour and PGA Tour events each week and then various other roundup shows and other golf related programmes.

Have you looked in to NowTV ? that could provide an option to test out ? for example this week with 2 big events (Dubai Desert Classic & Phoenix Open. Not sure though if they have extended the Sky Sports passes from just 24 hours to 7 days yet though. Keep a look out as they also offer free access on a well know brand of lager.

Golf Channel you can normally stream 3-8min clip from their website or via one of the SmartTV apps if you have one.

Last edit : Tue 27th Jan 2015 09:54
user43763
Reply : Tue 27th Jan 2015 13:03

Android boxes are becoming very popular in the circles I mingle in, watch a lot of the golf on them and im told its very flexible. Don't have one myself but have been considering it. Im not saying watch sky on there because that's illegal, but I im aware that there are options for sports on there

Last edit : Tue 27th Jan 2015 13:03
user224024
Reply : Thu 5th Feb 2015 00:10

Take a look at:

www.usagoals.com

but entirely at your own risk...

Last edit : Thu 5th Feb 2015 00:10

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top