Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Looking for a golf pro in South East London/north Kent

Posted by: user620762 | Wed 14th Jan 2015 22:32 | Last Reply

Hi,

First post on here, wondering if anyone could recommend a golf pro/coach in the South East London/north Kent area (Sidcup/Bexley specifically).

I'm a 13 handicapper, and plan to play a LOT more golf this year with a goal of reaching single figures. I'm looking for a pro/coach that can look at my whole game and work with me to make this happen.

If anyone could recommend someone to speak to/visit I would be much obliged.

Thanks in advance for all of the help I'm no doubt about to receive.

n.b also looking for a club to join this year if anyone has any recommendations in the aforementioned areas.

Cheers

Dan

Last edit : Wed 14th Jan 2015 22:32
re: Looking for a golf pro in South East London/north Kent
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 14th Jan 2015 23:25

I know someone in your area who has lessons so I'll ask for you.

If you were more South West based Berkshire/Windsor I'd recommend Dean Halford (TheOnlineGolfCoach) or Gary Smith

Last edit : Wed 14th Jan 2015 23:25
user425315
Reply : Mon 19th Jan 2015 16:40

Hi Dan,

I live in welling!

It might be worth going to either Birchwood or Chelsfield lakes for lessons.

as for clubs to join there are a few;

9 hole courses - Barnehurst, Sidcup, Eltham Warren and Bexleyheath (avoid B/H as there are 5 fairways that cross each other) 18 holes - Royal Blackheath, Dartford, Chislehurst, Birchwood, Chelsfield Lakes, Darenth Valley, Lullingstone, Broke Hill, High Elms, Pedham Place and the Orpington Complex (very chavy and clubs have been stolen from here)

Happy golfing

Last edit : Mon 19th Jan 2015 16:40
user477305
Reply : Tue 20th Jan 2015 12:03

Hi Dan,

I live in Bexleyheath so if you ever fancy a round let me know (Also trying to get to single figures this year but I have much further to go than you).

I've had coaching at Birchwood before and while it was ok I honestly think the setup there is more geared towards beginners. I'm also looking for a good coach so any suggestions would be great.

In terms of club I was a member at Shooters Hill last year and it was fantastic. Really tough course and great condition. The only down side is that for the money I think that you could get a lot more in the way of facilities (practice area's etc). I have been considering looking further out into Kent for memberships at places like Hever Castle. If anyone has any thoughts on that it would be great!

Last edit : Tue 20th Jan 2015 12:03
user620762
Reply : Tue 20th Jan 2015 12:23

Thanks for your help guys.

I've been recommended a guy from Chelsfield who's a friend of the family. I'll check him out and post up the results.

As for courses to join, have been recommended to play West Kent so am off there for a round when the temperatures get above freezing!

Thanks again for the suggestions, if anyone else has any recommendations please let me know.

Chris - always up.for a game, drop me a message. And Hever is GREAT....one of my favourite courses in the area.

Cheers

Dan

Last edit : Tue 20th Jan 2015 12:23
user204587
Reply : Wed 21st Jan 2015 10:26

Matt Barber @ chelsfield.

Excellent.

Last edit : Wed 21st Jan 2015 10:26
user477305
Reply : Fri 23rd Jan 2015 10:45

Dan I wouldn't mind trying out Hever as I'm seriously considering membership there. We could grab a round sometime?

And noted on what people have said on the quality of coaching at Chelsfield (I have played there a number of times) I will probably look into some lessons there

Last edit : Fri 23rd Jan 2015 10:45

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top