Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Aldwark Manor advice on a trip

Posted by: user559337 | Sun 7th Dec 2014 14:52 | Last Reply

Hi

I am soon to arrange our 2nd annual golf trip away with a group of mates. Last year we went to Oulton Hall. It was good as we got a good deal and the course was good for all of us.

We have a mixture of golfing abilities ranging from 10 to 28. So I would like to get a course that can all the lads can enjoy.

We in Newcastle so we only really want to travel up to 2 hours for a night stay and 3 rounds. Normally 2 at the venue and 1 on route.

Aldwark Manor could be an option, but unsure if it would be right for the higher ability. Is the course to narrow? Would a 28 handicap person enjoy it. Is it worth staying there? Do you recommend any other courses instead? Did you enjoy it?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Last edit : Sun 7th Dec 2014 14:52
re: Aldwark Manor advice on a trip
user99350
Reply : Mon 8th Dec 2014 08:32

Hi Sam, Aldwark manor is a decent course with a lot of risk and reward holes. This is apparent in the first six holes where a couple of the par 4's could be reachable by a bit hitter but the furthe you hit it the narrower and more heavily bunkerd it becomes so I think there is an interest for all handicaps.

Last edit : Mon 8th Dec 2014 08:32
user446732
Reply : Mon 8th Dec 2014 14:11

I was a member there for 3 or 4 years about 12 years ago. I've been back a few times and have been pretty impressed. Good for all standards. The original holes around the manor/hotel are a bit tight but the new ones allow you to open your shoulders.

Last edit : Mon 8th Dec 2014 14:11
user559337
Reply : Mon 8th Dec 2014 19:20

Thank you, that is good to know.

Has anyone stayed there? Is it nice?

Last edit : Mon 8th Dec 2014 19:20
user99350
Reply : Tue 9th Dec 2014 08:18

We didn't stay over but the meal after the round was pretty good. The place looks quite posh.

Last edit : Tue 9th Dec 2014 08:18
user446732
Reply : Tue 9th Dec 2014 08:36

The hotel is pretty swish. Used to do excellent food. Still seems to have a good reputation.

Last edit : Tue 9th Dec 2014 08:36

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top