Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Wearable technology in golf

Posted by: user616895 | Mon 24th Nov 2014 20:10 | Last Reply

Wearable technology in golf has potential gone unnoticed with all the advancements in technology in recent years from adaptable drivers, speed pockets and cavity back golf clubs. Wearable technology refers to either clothing or accessories incorporating a piece of technology that has protocol functions or features to enhance performance or it may also be purely critical or aesthetic agenda.

http://www.golf-shopper.co.uk/wearable-technology-golf/

Last edit : Mon 24th Nov 2014 20:10
re: Wearable technology in golf
user246701
Reply : Mon 24th Nov 2014 22:08

Is it only me that doesn't know what some of these mean ....

"Protocol functions"

"Purely critical or aesthetic agenda"

Of course I could be cynical and wonder why you post such little info and yet include a link to another site

Last edit : Mon 24th Nov 2014 22:08
user24437
Reply : Tue 25th Nov 2014 08:00

Cynical Brian? Are you inferring that it may be soft spam...

Anyhoo, I have in my possession several pieces of clothing that satisfy both the protocol functions and critical aesthetic agenda of wearable technology. You may not know of them, they are called 'trousers'. Not only do they incorporate fastenings to allow them to be taken on and off without destroying them, but the same features allow me to partly undo them to perform necessary bodily functions. Not only that, they have things called 'pockets' that allow me to have easy access to equipment that I may need during a round without having to carry them in my hands.

That's me pushing back the frontiers as usual.

Last edit : Tue 25th Nov 2014 08:00
user616598
Reply : Tue 25th Nov 2014 14:40

Well Brian and Tim, I must say how cynical you two are being. I do believe Anton Lacosta does have a valid point - although I've no idea what it is and I won't be opening the link to find out, lol

Last edit : Tue 25th Nov 2014 14:40

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top