Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Pro Shop experiences

Posted by: user249827 | Tue 11th Nov 2014 13:16 | Last Reply

I was out this weekend with some golf friends this weekend and we got onto our experiences in golf pro shops over the last few years. We are all from a retail background so there was so many things we don't understand There was some great positives and negatives and with many a whiskey we set the world to right, we came up with:

• Why when you go into a pro shop does no one have an ability to approach you and go through a selling process?
  • Why do so many pro shops continue to stock there shops with products that don't make them much profit?
  • Why are there still so little pro shops use social media better to build chatter between members and potential members?

Do you think these are the top 3 or do you have any other things that grind on you? I'd love to see all these put right and them to start cutting into the profits online companies and American Golf make.

Lets make our golf clubs more profitable and better for all of us to visit I say.

Last edit : Tue 11th Nov 2014 13:16
re: Pro Shop experiences
user451055
Reply : Wed 12th Nov 2014 13:00

When someone trains to be a Pro Shop golf Pro (as opposed to a playing Pro or a coaching Pro), how much training do they get in the retail side of things? I noticed recently a Pro Shop started stocking the very expensive Golfino ladies clothing range. Now there is a Golfino outlet store 30 minutes away and all the ladies buy their golfino clothes from there as the full price for trousers are £140 and in the outlet you can get them for £40 - it is a no brainer. As the Pro Shop can only afford to buy limited stock there is no way he can charge other that full price. Why did he do it? Surely it would be better to buy a cheaper range or a range that you can't get at a fraction of the price just up the road. I do support my Pro shop and buy balls, clubs, bags, trollies etc from him but I am not going to fork out £140 for a pair of trousers.

Last edit : Wed 12th Nov 2014 13:00

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top