Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Good coaching

Posted by: user522716 | Fri 7th Nov 2014 17:08 | Last Reply

Used to have golf coaching at Wycombe heights when I lived in Amersham, since then I've moved to Aylesbury and my coach moved to North Harrow, it was a two hour round journey (more with traffic) for just a 45 minute lesson. I've tried one more coach since, but he didn't use any video or swing tracking kind of equipment and it seemed like, when I had my second lesson, he forgot what we worked on in my first lesson and tried to coach me to do the opposite thing. Just looking for a good coach not too far from Aylesbury. Some of the best coaches seem over an hour away and are in the range of £80 an hour.

Last edit : Fri 7th Nov 2014 17:08
re: Good coaching
user505763
Reply : Fri 14th Nov 2014 17:57

I used to make an hours trip on the motorway for lessons as I thought video and hi-tech wizardry was the way to go (I was brand new to the sport at the time). Since moving to the sticks and having to have lessons in a quiet golf range I've found that what's really useful is an enthusiastic, positive Pro and there's no need to rely on breaking your swing down and comparing it to Tigers every ten minutes!

Last edit : Fri 14th Nov 2014 17:57

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top