Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Belfry

Posted by: user375014 | Sat 11th Oct 2014 22:32 | Last Reply

My Wife is taking me to stay at the Belfry for my birthday this Dec and was wondering if any one can advise if i should upgrade to the Brabazon course and pay the extra money. Plus anyone know if a handicap card is required or not ?

Last edit : Sat 11th Oct 2014 22:32
re: Belfry
user24437
Reply : Sat 11th Oct 2014 22:56

Highly unlikely you'll need a handicap card Nick, I've played there loads of times and never been asked for one. I have seen golfers pulled from the 1st by the starter and advised to play the Derby (not one of the four managed to get past the track after two shots each, so they were really bad), but even then the last few times we've not even seen a starter.

If you've booked the PGA I'd stick with that, it's a good track - the only reason most people play the Brabazon is for the kudos. It's not that it's a bad course, just not sure it's worth paying a lot extra for.

And if you're looking for someone to show you round give me a shout, I'm only 20 minutes up the road!

Last edit : Sat 11th Oct 2014 22:56
user375014
Reply : Sat 11th Oct 2014 23:15

Cheers Tim for the handicap card advice, i play off about 14 so i'd hope to pass any starters test and yeah i suppose playing the Brabazon course is due to fact ive seen it played by the pro's and its recognizable and having not played any major named courses i think its worth me paying an extra £50 or so.

I know its going to be a difficult round whichever course i chose im sure

Last edit : Sat 11th Oct 2014 23:15
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 11th Oct 2014 23:32

Nick

I'll echo Tim's comments on the handicap card; never seen anyone asked but they have no qualms about moving players who they feel don't make th grade onto The Derby. Regarding the courses

• Don't play The Derby, you'll be very disappointed
  • The Brabazon trades on its name a bit. Great Matchplay course and there's a few stand out holes but as a strokeplay some holes are a bit "nothing"
  • The PGA is the best of the three and a good challenge. If you're not on your game it will punish you and either way you'll know you've played it

All just my opinion obviously but having been a member there for two years I think I can justify it

Last edit : Sat 11th Oct 2014 23:32

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top