Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Tips for senior golfers

Posted by: user548225 | Fri 10th Oct 2014 08:20 | Last Reply

I am 77 years of age and I get inundated with emails from golf experts about how to add 30 yards to a drive and all other tips etc etc which frankly are useless to senior golfers who no longer have the flexibility in their body and club head speed that they once had when young. I don’t know what the statistics are to the amount of senior golfer who play several times a week to weekend golfer but it must be close. But I have yet to see anybody giving tips on how senior golfer can improve their game. For example last year I selected a 2nd hand driver in a pro shop to use on a driving range and rather liked it, particularly the whip in the shaft, and later discovered it was a ladies club. So I bought it and had a thicker grip fitted. So does anybody know of any You Tube sites to help senior golfers to improve their game?

Last edit : Fri 10th Oct 2014 08:21
re: Tips for senior golfers
user466742
Reply : Fri 10th Oct 2014 17:20

Please don't take this the wrong way, but a tech savvy senior...I'm impressed! Which leads me onto my point, unfortunately i'm not sure there is a specific coach on YouTube who gives 'online lessons' tailored towards senior golfers, as the market isn't really there just yet. Maybe submit a question to Mark Crossfield, he's kind of a celebrity in the YouTube golf world and would probably love a question on how to help improve a senior golfer as I'm guessing it isn't something that is sent to him often. Let us know on here if there's anything specific you want to improve, maybe someone will be able to help? Again, I hope the content / tone of my post isn't off putting etc. Just trying to be informative.

Last edit : Fri 10th Oct 2014 17:20

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top