Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hitting ground before ball

Posted by: user608387 | Mon 29th Sep 2014 22:40 | Last Reply

Guys any tips or drills for me 95% the time in hit the ground just before ball and it's killing my scores any tips or drills to help.ive watched videos n read magazine just can't seem to get it..yea I know about weight shift n hips start downswing..for sum reason it ain't happening

Cheers guys Craig

Last edit : Mon 29th Sep 2014 22:40
re: Hitting ground before ball
user43763
Reply : Tue 30th Sep 2014 10:07

couple things you can try, 1. put a coin (1p) 6 inches in front of the ball, then make a swing trying to hit the coin don't worry about where the ball goes 2. take your set up and move the ball to in front of your left foot, your going to have to shift your weight if you stand any chance of hitting it. 3. my favourite drill is the step drill, its quite hard to perform but very effective. set up as usual, same ball position etc, then tap your right foot with your left and step into your swing, so move the left foot back and plant it before hitting the ball then try taking a step after it. Youtube it is probably clearer, golf step drill should find it. this drill ingrains rhythm, tempo, relaxation, and most importantly weight shift. and remember not to get frustrated when the ball doesn't go high and straight, drill are there to aid practice and obtain feelings, not to be used to knock it to 4 ft on a Saturday morning

Last edit : Tue 30th Sep 2014 10:07
user608387
Reply : Tue 30th Sep 2014 12:00

Thanks alun I will try them..if I can get my ball strikng clean I will knock loads shots of ny score..and I do get frustrated lol deep breaths haha

Cheers again Craig

Last edit : Tue 30th Sep 2014 12:00
user608387
Reply : Wed 1st Oct 2014 15:26

Alun that step drill is fantastic..I practised at range all day yesterday..it gives a real feeling of weight tranfer.now on my swing on my back swing I lift my left foot slightly of ground then on down swing step down into it...I shot my best round today 91...I was taken divots after ball which is first time ever..and gained more distance..was hitting greens in two...was overmoon...now just need keep at it n get rest game in order lol..thank you for the drill I will be recommending this to people

Cheers again Craig

Last edit : Wed 1st Oct 2014 15:26

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top