Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

More than 1 handicap!

Posted by: user398345 | Fri 26th Sep 2014 21:02 | Last Reply

Despite my best efforts to do better, as far as Golfshake is concerned. I've never managed a score low enough to reduce my 28.

Yet due to having improved a bit & become far more consistent recently. When playing with my golf society, I've managed to have a net 1 under par medal score 2nd place (cut 0.6) plus managed to win the Golf Society President's Day cup with only 31 points (cut 2 shots!)

So now I've got 25.4. So what am I supposed to declare when not playing with the GS? CONGU says I'm a 28, GS non standard H/C says I'm playing off 25. I don't want to become a bandit, but the society cuts are purely arbitrary, because I had a good couple of days, when others didn't, whilst still not doing anything particularly special in respect of the course pars or SSS. So am I a 25 or a 28?

Last edit : Fri 26th Sep 2014 21:02
re: More than 1 handicap!
user246701
Reply : Fri 26th Sep 2014 22:08

Your 28 !

Your society win would not result in a cut as 31 will not be in buffer, and would have resulted in an increase of 0.1

Society handicaps are administered by the society, hence why you got a cut for not playing to handicap.

If you play well in qualifiers at your club then your official congu handicap will come down naturally. I use GolfShake for all rounds but manually adjust my handicap when the official results of medals etc give me a new handicap.

Last edit : Fri 26th Sep 2014 22:08
user607397
Reply : Sun 28th Sep 2014 02:27

My official handicap is 8, carried forward from my old club from 20 yes ago. My GS handicap is currently 4 I plan to use this as evidence that my club handicap should be dropped. ( I rejoined my old club mid season) What a fantastic resource GS is. Although, I have won a ton of cash prizes playing off my old handicap, I want to get down to scratch again.

Last edit : Sun 28th Sep 2014 02:27
user246701
Reply : Sun 28th Sep 2014 06:44

Kevin, if you play enough qualifiers there is no reason for them consider anything else other than those results in qualifiers.

Not sure I understand the carried forward from old club from 20 years ago though. Are you saying you joined somewhere after not being a member anywhere for 20 years? In which case they should have requested you entered 3 cards for handicap.

Last edit : Sun 28th Sep 2014 06:44

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top