Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Resetting handicap, test rounds and leaderboards

Posted by: user608864 | Thu 25th Sep 2014 20:49 | Last Reply

I came across golfshake by accident and am blown away with the functionality. However, having got the thumbs up to add in the society's cards, I have got a couple of queries:

I originally created a couple of test events, with test players and test cards. I subsequently deleted the test players, test cards etc. and then added in the real events, with real cards etc.

1. Possibly because I did not add events in chronological order, the order of the events displayed in the listing layout is not chronological - how do i correct this?

2. Also because i did not add events in chronological order I have probably calculated handicaps out of sequence. How do I reset the handicap calcs so that the calculation begins with the player's initially quoted figure or the first three chronological cards if no handicap was given?

3. I have successfully deleted my own test cards, but the results are still affecting the handicap calculations and virtual leaderboard - how can i remove the results (and their effects) from the system completely?

4. When i add a new game or edit and existing game, the leaderboard setting isn't stored and i can't display any leaderboard entries - how do I fix this?

Many thanks in advance

Keith

Last edit : Thu 25th Sep 2014 20:49
re: Resetting handicap, test rounds and leaderboards
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 25th Sep 2014 21:17

Thanks!

Did you see all the stuff in the help section ? the system is pretty comprehensive/feature packed but thus can be confusing. Hopefully we cover most stuff in the help section - http://www.golfshake.com/help/group/

We've just finished rolling out some score tracker updates and are finishing working on a mobile app but the next stage is further tweaks to improve the society software.

1. Possibly because I did not add events in chronological order, the order of the events displayed in the listing layout is not chronological - how do i correct this? I will check it should show in date order
  2. Also because i did not add events in chronological order I have probably calculated handicaps out of sequence. How do I reset the handicap calcs so that the calculation begins with the player's initially quoted figure or the first three chronological cards if no handicap was given? There is an option for each 'managed account' with the admin section, cog icon then recalculate
  3. I have successfully deleted my own test cards, but the results are still affecting the handicap calculations and virtual leaderboard - how can i remove the results (and their effects) from the system completely? Did you also reset in the admin section? this is the confusing part of the system that we are looking to change. at present you need to 'submit' various buttons to confirm you've done each part but in hindsight we are going to change so it is more automated.
  4. When i add a new game or edit and existing game, the leaderboard setting isn't stored and i can't display any leaderboard entries - how do I fix this? I'll double check

Keith I'll email you tomorrow to review and look at this.

Regards, Darren.

Last edit : Thu 25th Sep 2014 21:17
re: Resetting handicap, test rounds and leaderboards
user608864
Reply : Sun 11th Jan 2015 19:16

Darren A belated update on the above... 1. Yes - events now displaying in chronological order - thank you 2. Yes, the HC resets are working, but having read the help section i am unclear as to whether i can get manual adjustments to apply retrospectively from a specific date [e.g. using the 'season' setting?]. E.g. in our informal society it has been decided that winners of competitions are to lose one shot from subsequent games. 3. The 'rogue' cards are still showing in the virtual leaderboard, but i cannot see them anywhere else to delete or reset them? 4. This is now fixed and i can create leaderboard successfully - thank you, However when using an average stableford calculation for a leaderboard, only the first 10 of 18 players has a calculation and the calculations are WAY out [e.g. an expected stableford average of around 20 is showing as 5.4]

Any additional help greatly appreciated.

Keith

Last edit : Sun 11th Jan 2015 19:16

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top