Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

hHandicap

Posted by: user603491 | Thu 18th Sep 2014 09:12 | Last Reply

does a golfer need to be playing off the white tees in order to gain a handicap or can this be done off the yellow tees

Last edit : Thu 18th Sep 2014 09:12
re: hHandicap
user53837
Reply : Thu 18th Sep 2014 09:51

Hi Graham, if you were after what is deemed an 'official' handicap then this can only be obtained from a golf club affiliated to the national unions and then by playing in official club competitions which are general off the white tees.

However here on Golfshake we will track, maintain and provide your handicap based off any score card you enter so unlike a 'club handicap' our handicap isn't just a handicap at one club. We therefore allow you to track your handicap from any tee.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Last edit : Thu 18th Sep 2014 09:51
user246701
Reply : Thu 18th Sep 2014 09:58

To obtain an initial handicap you must play a measured course (doesn't have to be white tee, if your yellow tees are measured and used for qualifiers too). It also doesn't need to be in competition, the stipulation is generally that you have a marker that is acceptable to the club ... which in many cases is so member with a valid handicap.

Last edit : Thu 18th Sep 2014 09:58
user609008
Reply : Sun 21st Sep 2014 10:59

Can anyone help me with my median score - I have played 16 times and my scores in numerical orders are 0,2,3,3,3,4,4,5,6,7,7,10,13,13,14,20. I play of 28.3 at two courses one which is substantially more difficult than the other and also 1000 yards longer. Can anyone tell me how much I will be cut at end of year review?

Thanks

Last edit : Sun 21st Sep 2014 10:59

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top