Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Ryder Cup Singles?

Posted by: user469358 | Sat 13th Sep 2014 21:23 | Last Reply

Here's a question I'm sure Mr Mcginley is thinking about. Who should lead the European team out in the singles? In the past Monty has done a great job, last time Luke Donald superbly got the all important momentum going for us, but this year we don't have him. Who would you choose? Its a difficult question in that maybe the obvious choice would be Poulter but maybe not as his form is not great, the same goes for Lee Westwood. I am thinking maybe Justin Rose.

Last edit : Sat 13th Sep 2014 22:24
re: Ryder Cup Singles?
user246626
Reply : Sun 14th Sep 2014 19:27

I'd send Mcilroy out. He's in great form and the current world number one for a reason

Last edit : Sun 14th Sep 2014 19:27
user264761 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 15th Sep 2014 11:18

I agree with Adam. If you want to send out a statement then there's no better man than McIlroy. Westwood's singles record is poor and I'd save Poulter for the middle order. Rose is a good shout though so I'd have him out second.

Depends what sort of situation the scoreboard is in. If you need points then it's best to flood the top order with your form players to hopefully see blue on the board!

Last edit : Mon 15th Sep 2014 11:18
user43763
Reply : Mon 15th Sep 2014 13:22

yea I agree with these guys, although I don't know about mcilroy first, maybe Donaldson or Dubuison (however you spell it) shows they mean business but the big guns are still to come.

No way poulter, hes a good leader and hes passionate, but its a golf competition, not a passion competition, I know his record is decent but his form isn't. McIlroy second or third out, everyone expects him first.

Last edit : Mon 15th Sep 2014 13:22
user469358
Reply : Sat 20th Sep 2014 10:33

I dont think you can put the rookies out first even though they are form players so my top order would be Justin Rose then McIlroy, as Alun says they will expect him first, possibly followed by Donaldson. Whats the betting Justin Rose gets paired up with Phil Mickleson again? is it my imagination or does he always seem to get him?

Last edit : Sat 20th Sep 2014 10:33

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top