Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf shoes, anyone got footjoys? or Nike?

Posted by: user43763 | Fri 5th Sep 2014 09:18 | Last Reply

Im looking to spend my comp winnings on a new set of shoes. Ive currently got a pair of addidas tour golf 4.0's and im not very happy with them, had about a year now but have never lived up to the performance id expected, feet are always soaking after a round unless the course is bone dry, I am no way saying the brand is poor I think it could just be me ( I also have a pair of addidas gym shoes and they are falling apart after 4 months) im guessing it just could be me.

Anyway, im thinking either Footjoy DNA's or Nike TW13's

Anyone got any experience with either?

Last edit : Fri 5th Sep 2014 09:18
re: Golf shoes, anyone got footjoys? or Nike?
user599558
Reply : Fri 5th Sep 2014 11:48

I've Nike shoes myself, had Adidas prior to them and like yourself, my feet were soaked after every round I played unless it was a hot summers day. The Nike shoes I have now are excellent, even on a wet day I come off the course with dry feet, although I still bring spare socks because nobody likes sweaty feet on the 19th hope this helps!

Last edit : Fri 5th Sep 2014 11:48
user598961
Reply : Fri 5th Sep 2014 12:48

I also have Nike's and would definitely recommend them. Really comfortable and dry feet!

Last edit : Fri 5th Sep 2014 12:48
user43763
Reply : Fri 5th Sep 2014 17:41

well that does complicate things, im surprised i havent been bombarded with footjoy lovers.

im glad my experience with addidas isnt unique, and my nike running shoes are incredible.

what model nikes do you have guys?

Last edit : Fri 5th Sep 2014 17:41
user502775
Reply : Fri 5th Sep 2014 18:12

I have foot joys dry joys dry feet every time in the wet and cool when it is warm,I also have some puma spikeless they are really cumfortable

Last edit : Fri 5th Sep 2014 18:12
user43763
Reply : Mon 8th Sep 2014 12:59

thanks James,

Went for the footjoy DNA white/blue. should be here in about a week :D

Last edit : Mon 8th Sep 2014 12:59
user246701
Reply : Tue 9th Sep 2014 10:36

To be honest I've heard bad experiences with most brands.

In respect to the DNA shoes, spikes breaking and working lose has been mentioned a lot, and cracking of the uppers too also. Hope yours perform well.

Last edit : Tue 9th Sep 2014 10:36
user43763
Reply : Tue 9th Sep 2014 12:40

oh no lol, time will tell, I will keep you all updated

Last edit : Tue 9th Sep 2014 12:40
user421298
Reply : Tue 9th Sep 2014 14:57

I have the Footjoy DNA`s , great shoe with good support , but if you can try a get a shoe fit , as i was surprised when i did , went down from the size i normally buy to the correct size , 2 sizes down ! now have loads more support when hitting the ball.

Last edit : Tue 9th Sep 2014 14:57
user43763
Reply : Tue 9th Sep 2014 23:03

do you mean a true fit shaun? i was quite concerned about the fitting as they didnt have any in the shop to try on and id have to wait a week for them to get here and if they fit wrong, a week back then another week for delivery etc so i was concerned.

After my recent running shoe adventure, where i learnt loads about fitting and shoe styles and supination, i made sure i discussed with the pro before ordering. I currently wear a 10.5 golf shoe and a 10 regular shoe. Ive ordered the 10 in the DNAs so im hoping there wont be a problem

Last edit : Tue 9th Sep 2014 23:03
user421298
Reply : Wed 10th Sep 2014 07:15

Hi Alun , am sure the 10`s will fit you ok, i guess i have always gone for the space in my shoes due to flat feet , but was surprised when footjoy measured my feet for the shoe and found the correct size,which fit like a glove now. Tried on my adizeros for a change the other day and they felt so big had to take them off straight away. Doesnt bode well for the other golf shoes i have in the wrong size now lol/

Last edit : Wed 10th Sep 2014 07:15
user43763
Reply : Wed 10th Sep 2014 08:48

lol shaun, always amazes me when you buy the really good stuff how expensive it is, but how much better the fit and materials are. cant wait until they get here now

Last edit : Wed 10th Sep 2014 08:48
user127691
Reply : Wed 10th Sep 2014 14:49

I had Nike TW 2011's best shoe ver owned. Adidas are crap the backs always fall apart and they leak, footjoys unless dryjoints are rubbish split and leak. Had FJ sports and DNA's both gone back as they were pretty shoddy, waited specially for the DNA's to come out aswell. Currently own Oakley's and would say they have held up better than the FJ and the Adidas but not aswelll as the nikes.

Last edit : Wed 10th Sep 2014 14:49
user43763
Reply : Thu 11th Sep 2014 08:48

ohhh gary, what you doing to me, if they need to go back for whatever reason then im getting the TW's

Last edit : Thu 11th Sep 2014 08:48
user477305
Reply : Fri 12th Sep 2014 16:03

I'm suprised at all the Adidas hate here. I've had a pair of the mid range Adizeros all season and they've performed perfectly. I've been out in all weather and not had a single issue as of yet.

I've also previously owned FJ's and absolutely loved them. They did crack on the top/sides but to be fair that was after about 3 years of use. I only went for the Adidas options as they were about £45 in SportsWorld and there wasn't much else on offer. Happy I did though, really pleased with them!

Last edit : Fri 12th Sep 2014 16:03
user246701
Reply : Fri 12th Sep 2014 18:24

It's not all Adidas hate, I love mine, and if it was wasn't for Puma then it's probably all I'd be buying.

Last edit : Fri 12th Sep 2014 18:24
user320021
Reply : Mon 15th Sep 2014 13:25

Personally I think try before you buy, even if it is try in the shop and buy on the internet! I'm on my second pair of FJ Sport, They have lasted well and are comfortable, but the boa laces make things very easy! and I got a pair of the M Project spikeless this summer and have been very pleased. I have previously had Nike and they were comfortable and good quality, one of my friends has Nike golf shoes and says the are the comfortable shoes he owns, (inc normal shoes!). Ultimately it's about how they fit your feet as everyone has weird feet!

Last edit : Mon 15th Sep 2014 13:25
user43763
Reply : Mon 15th Sep 2014 15:55

Those boa laces look amazing, im sure they came up with it after watching marty mcfly suit up upon arriving in the future I wonder about the durability of them though. apparently the DNAs only have the boa laces in certain colours??? wtf is that about. Anyway, mine still haven't arrived at the shop

Last edit : Mon 15th Sep 2014 15:55

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top