Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Is GolfShake Short of Forum Space?

Posted by: user88724 | Fri 29th Aug 2014 09:38 | Last Reply

It is somewhat disconcerting that the unnecessary editing / censorship which has been endemic here for years continues.

Whilst obviously offensive items need editing or removing I fail to grasp the reason why some quite middle of the road posts are - as recently happened to me - reduced in length and split into two posts, one directly under the other?

I can't help but wonder if possibly one particular moderator has it in for me, or is simply bored out of his / her mind and looking for something to do?

But, let's think positive: Do we need to have a whip round in order to create more hard drive space or whatever it is computer buffs use?

Last edit : Fri 29th Aug 2014 09:39
re: Is GolfShake Short of Forum Space?
user88724
Reply : Sat 30th Aug 2014 09:54

No reply says it all. I'm saddened that professional writers are unwelcome here. A few years ago I used to regularly post and then was labelled 'Loudmouth' by site staff and that label affixed to my name for all to see. Consequently I removed several hundred of my threads. Most of your best writers have walked and I guess that it's again time for me to go. Good luck.

Last edit : Sat 30th Aug 2014 09:54
user80078
Reply : Sat 30th Aug 2014 10:44

Will be sorry to see you go Ivan. You clearly know a great deal about the game and what is happening in golf. I have fallen in love with coarse fishing since the new year and as such have not played as much or made as many contributions to posts as previous. However, I have always enjoyed Golfshake and feel it would be a loss if you walked away. Good luck!

Last edit : Sat 30th Aug 2014 10:44
user320021
Reply : Sat 30th Aug 2014 11:52

Ivan,

Although I can't suggest a reason as to why your posts may have been edited, I would suggest giving more than 24hours for a reply during the peak holiday season! I also agree with Michael that your obviously knowledge on the game would be a loss to the forums.

Last edit : Sat 30th Aug 2014 11:52
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 31st Aug 2014 17:44

Ivan, it would be a shame to see you go.

I don't know who/why your posts have been edited.

Have you contacted the person responsible? (if you know who they are)

Russ

Last edit : Sun 31st Aug 2014 17:44
user99350
Reply : Mon 1st Sep 2014 18:05

I don't see why your posts should be edited and it would be a loss to us if you did stop posting Ivan. Give it a week and see how you feel. I must admit I seem to have less time to post item... Jesus, there goes the 'phone again.klioir

Last edit : Mon 1st Sep 2014 18:05

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top