Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

St Andrews Old Course

Posted by: user582791 | Thu 28th Aug 2014 22:00 | Last Reply

I am planning on treating my dad to a round on the old course for a birthday present. He has a an official handicap with his home club, but as I don't play much I only have a golfshake premium handicap card.

I saw a post a couple of years ago on here that someone had heard that a golfshake platinum would be accepted, but has anyone used a golfshake handicap card recently to get onto the old course - would want to be sure before I try for the ballot at £160 each for a round.

Last edit : Thu 28th Aug 2014 22:00
re: St Andrews Old Course
user53837
Reply : Fri 29th Aug 2014 09:02

Hi Chris, if you give St Andrews a call I think they will confirm that we are one of the online service for non club and society golfers that they accept. They also require you to print off the handicap/playing certificate we provide with the round history on.

Regards.

Last edit : Fri 29th Aug 2014 09:02
user80078
Reply : Sat 30th Aug 2014 10:37

I hope all goes well for you both when you get to play. I played The Old Course back in 1993 and I still tingle when I think back to it. I played with 3 lovely Americans (one a lawyer taking his father on a pilgrimage to St Andrews for the golf game of his life and the other a guy on his honeymoon- our wives walked round with us) So many wonderful memories (driving down the first and eighteenth etc). Have fun !!

Last edit : Sat 30th Aug 2014 10:37
user566390
Reply : Fri 5th Sep 2014 16:30

I think you might find that 2014 and 2015 are not available even with the draw, Please check first to avoid disappointment.

It's on my bucket list for 2016

Last edit : Fri 5th Sep 2014 16:30

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top