Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf care insurance

Posted by: user601877 | Thu 14th Aug 2014 20:19 | Last Reply

Has anyone had problems claiming from Golf care? I had my clubs stolen from my shed and now I can't claim as they are not covered in the shed

Last edit : Thu 14th Aug 2014 20:19
re: Golf care insurance
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 14th Aug 2014 22:53

I would have thought they would have been covered under your home insurance.

Hope you get this sorted.

Russ

Last edit : Thu 14th Aug 2014 22:53
user425315
Reply : Tue 19th Aug 2014 10:22

As Russell said, get in touch with your household insurers.

Last edit : Tue 19th Aug 2014 10:22
user88724
Reply : Fri 22nd Aug 2014 11:51

Dion,

Speaking both from personal experience, and as a retired solicitor, I'm sad to say that a great part of 'insurance' is little more than legalised fraud. I use the term 'fraud' lightly as it could be argued that if an insured read the policy 'small print' sometimes various types of situations / losses are excluded. But who does? Most everyone simply believes that obvious basic situations would be covered.

Take for example if someone broke into your home and stole your clubs I suggest that a reasonable man would expect to be insured? Oops no. Certainly not with 'Golf Care' insurance. And by the way a garden shed comprises part of your home unless excluded. Golf Care do not bother excluding garden sheds. They don't need to as they exclude your home in its entirety!

Here is what they say, I quote from their golf insurance policy:

Excluded:

Loss or Damage to the Golf Equipment while it is within your permanent place of residence or permanent place of work.

Whilst you have a right to lodge an internal complaint, after which complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service, I personally don't rate your chances.

Then why insure at all?

I can only say why I insure with Golf Care: That is because if I were unfortunate enough to injure someone whilst playing golf and the injured party sued me for compo. then I would join my insurers into the proceedings.seeking indemnity.

Such a contingency is clearly covered and any court would, as a last resort, force the insurer's hand.

Last edit : Fri 22nd Aug 2014 11:51

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top