Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

American golf

Posted by: user477305 | Tue 12th Aug 2014 12:13 | Last Reply

We are all pretty quick to name and shame when a retailer gives poor service so I think it's also right to let people no when we have received really good service.

A new American Golf store has opened up by Monument in London which is near my work. I had received a 15% off voucher as a promo so I thought I would take the opportunity to go and buy a hybrid that I've been needing at a reduced price. I tried a few out and settled on the RocketBallz stage 2 club. Happy with the attention they had given me when trying out the club (swing speed stats, carry distance etc) I went to pay and grabbed acouple of packs of balls and a hat to further take advantage of the discount. When paying they told me that the club was already on sale so I couldn't use the voucher. I thought fair enough that's usually how it works anyway, no problem. When I got home and checked the receipt I saw that I had been charged £100 for the club which definitely wasn't the sale price. Checked online and I was right it was in sale for £89.99. I went back to the shop this morning to see if I could sort it out and without hesitation the manager gave me a £25 gift card to apologise. Giving me essentially an extra £15 off of the sale price. He was great and didn't need pushing at all to apologise.

Haven't really used AG too much before this but they've gained a pretty loyal customer after this.

Last edit : Tue 12th Aug 2014 12:13
re: American golf
user246701
Reply : Tue 12th Aug 2014 18:53

I use my local AG quite a bot and have never had poor service, or advice, from any of the guys in there. Always shocks me when I read of poor service from others as it's just a polar opposite from my experiences with them.

Last edit : Tue 12th Aug 2014 18:53
re: American golf
user118394
Reply : Tue 12th Aug 2014 21:02

i have 2 ag stores near me,1 in sheffield and 1 in doncaster never had good service at sheffield but total opposite in donny don t think its the stores just the staff who work in them

Last edit : Tue 12th Aug 2014 21:02

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top